Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I am not surprised by what I have seen from your lot in recent weeks. He is a very special manager. Luckily we seem to have found another one to replace him. Happy days all round.

Well hughton was many villa fans choice for a manger. Putting to bed the myth that McLeish was hated because he came from blues.

I like the 3-5-2. Retro. Though I notice its becoming more and more common on the continent. Perhaps it's a 4-2-3-1 killer?

If you can't join em, beat em....

thing about Lambert - I don't think he will be paralyzed by this formation. He isn't afraid to change formation - even mid match. Its yielding points at the moment - but Lambo is flexible enough to adapt if teams suss it out.

The improvements keep coming.

Defence looks better and all of a sudden we're looking a real threat going forward.

The majority of his signings look quality and he's getting good performances from existing players.

So important that we stay up so this building process can continue.

I didn't expect us to be this far along as team until at least January, really starting to come together now. Speaking of January I'm very excited to see who else Lambert and his team are going to be in for during the window. Certainly can't argue with his track record so far, they nearly all seem to be coming good and a few seem to have the potential to be very special indeed. As good as Westwood and Benteke have been so far I still think by the end of the season it will be Bennett who we will all be raving about.

I love the assurance in his voice when talking about this team.

when he said "I see them every day I know what they can do"

when he makes reference to the doubters, like he just dismisses it as.. ill informed in a subtle way.

you go to Liverpool and win 1-3 and he say's groundedly "we have a long way to go"

It really is good to witness the confidence of a Manager of ours that knows what he's doing.

I didn't expect us to be this far along as team until at least January, really starting to come together now. Speaking of January I'm very excited to see who else Lambert and his team are going to be in for during the window. Certainly can't argue with his track record so far, they nearly all seem to be coming good and a few seem to have the potential to be very special indeed. As good as Westwood and Benteke have been so far I still think by the end of the season it will be Bennett who we will all be raving about.

I just hope we stick to signing players for modest funds, its more fun and they don't rock the boat with their inflated ego's.

I like these hungry bucks.

I like the 3-5-2. Retro. Though I notice its becoming more and more common on the continent. Perhaps it's a 4-2-3-1 killer?

If you can't join em, beat em....

no more, in fact far less, retro than a flat 4-4-2 that loads of people have been after. if we are gonna play a 3-4-1-2 and it looks more that way to me, than a 3-5-2. i reckon we are missing a couple of pieces of the puzzle, but we look better set up like that than the variations on a flat back 4 we've played this season.

there been some success in italy with 3 centre backs, juve have done it a few times very well and napoli with mazzarri play a beautiful attacking 3-4-3. i don't think it's retro how we are playing it. especially when two of our 3 centrre backs look very comfortabel with the ball and have played in midfield. that is pretty different to playign 3 traditional centre backs and 2 wing backs. when we get bennett back i think it might help.

the fact we've just royally screwed liverpool at home when you could have got 11-1 on a villa win this week before the game makes it all the sweeter. PL is a **** great manager and he masterminded a great perfomance today. we can get a lot better though and i think we will.

So where's Morpheus?

Page 157 and positive. Don't feel very well at all.

'Arry got his first win today, no doubt Morpheus is out on the town celebrating.

Yep Arry was saying how he loved Heskey's goals and back heel today.

The improvements keep coming.

Defence looks better and all of a sudden we're looking a real threat going forward.

The majority of his signings look quality and he's getting good performances from existing players.

So important that we stay up so this building process can continue.

Pipe has certainly changed it's tune since the start of the season.

Glad you've come around.