Paul Lambert

Pilchard

So then we will only have two defenders? Are you insane or have you not grasped yet what I've just said?!!

Oh, Dunne, Baker, Vlaar - that still leaves three defenders, not four.

I am insane, no arguments!

I just misread what you said. Lambert has always liked his fullbacks to play high up the pitch, hence why his sides have always conceeded lots of goals. Same with us.

I dont know how he can rectify that with us, other than brnging in the players to enable us to go 4-4-2. It really is the shittest squad i can remember, but i am insane lol

Edited by MagicMushroom

we're not playing 5 defenders. we're playing 5 players who are defenders but we're not playing them AS defenders.

we are literally playing THREE defenders. that is why we can't defend.

11s36sk.png

20r90ft.png

You haven't allowed for the fact that Debuchy is good and Bennett is shockingly poor. That probably explains their relative performances more than the formation they are playing in.

EDIT

Also, in the first photo, there are eight Villa players in the picture but only one of them is actually doing any defending (and he's not doing it very well). Baker is classically caught in the act of ballwatching, paying no attention to the man lurking behind him. This could be attributed to being clueless at defending, not the formation.

(Although having said all that I think 3-5-2 is a load of rubbish and I hope we have seen the back of it for good now.) 

Edited by briny_ear

we're not playing 5 defenders. we're playing 5 players who are defenders but we're not playing them AS defenders.

we are literally playing THREE defenders. that is why we can't defend.

11s36sk.png

that's absolutely shocking

You haven't allowed for the fact that Debuchy is good and Bennett is shockingly poor. That probably explains their relative performances more than the formation they are playing in.

Having your players play a system and hold a position has little to do with talent and more to do with coaching. This goes double for "younger" or "inexperienced" players.

Young players are very impressionable... desperate to get in the team. They're not going to stand up to the manager and question his tactics like established players. They really need a good manager.

EDIT

Also, in the first photo, there are eight Villa players in the picture but only one of them is actually doing any defending (and he's not doing it very well). Baker is classically caught in the act of ballwatching, paying no attention to the man lurking behind him. This could be attributed to being clueless at defending, not the formation.

(Although having said all that I think 3-5-2 is a load of rubbish and I hope we have seen the back of it for good now.) 

Debuchy was shit though. He cocked up for our pen and he was all over the shop. If Lambert can't get a decent tactic then the players have no chance. Blaming this shite on the players shows a real naivety.

@ con.

in your second picture lowton was right to take that position as the cross came from the far side. its the CMF that should be picking up the likes of cabaye and getting a block in when our defence gets pushed back.

the first picture was bad marking by baker. bennet is marking there winger. theres no excuse for baker not preventing that through ball by being tighter to cisse. it was schoolboy defending. again our defence wasnt helped by our midfield

Edited by Bunnski

We talk about Vlaar as a leader.. but hes just standing in the middle.. Baker was horribly out of position and not alert.. Vlaar would probably play better if he didnt have to rely on the kids to do their job.. which their not.

Biggest **** clown ever to manage AVFC.

I notice despite all of the inevitable proof that the man cannot manage us that some are still continuing  to try and show what a good bloke he is. The man is a prick !

I'm confused, I was of the impression that you Mantis were one of Lamberts most prolific advocates.

If you've changed your mind, rightly so. Maybe I've misunderstood the endless discussions you've had with Big John, Morpheus and Packbuddies.

Sadly they've been spot on for the past 6 months or so, well called. Just a shame they called it right.

I still have faith in Lambert, for no obvious reason. Wasn't overly excited with the appointment, but I hope we stick with him regardless if we go down.

Yes I was but things change. We've gone from being inconsistent to consistently shit.

I sit in the doug ellis lower and its easy to see at 3-5-2 we are all over the place. After the chelsea drubbing Lambert should of binned this formation and gone 4-4-2. the team is crying out for width.

It will be intersting to see what he does at everton now cos its alarming he will go back to a 3-5-2 !!. terrible tactics.

I dont get it though, this guy took norwich on b2b promotions. Norwich fans must be pissing themselves.

• Like 1

The Norwich fans I know are just confused by it all - he worked wonders for them but he hasn't got going with us yet. 

And drat - why the personal insults to Lambert? It's just childish.

I will insult however and whenever I like thanks

The fact that this idiot, a clueless ****, etc continues to manage this club is amazing given the shite performance and obvious lack of managerial ability to do the job. That calls for abuse while he refuses to accept his faults and tries to deflect his failings onto others

Baker is a clown, a fit Dunne should be in there instead of him, pronto.

Baker is 21 and very promising. Been one of our best players this season. He is learning and will make mistakes. To call him a clown is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The issue is we shouldn't be relying on him at this stage in his career.