Paul Lambert

Pilchard

So this petty tiff with the local press that's resulted in not Lambert not responding to difficult questions is the club's decision!?

That's either:

A) Total bollocks! It's Lamberk the clown's childish approach; nothing to do with the club. The local journalists need to ask the tough questions when the club has had the most humiliating two or so months of its history, so PL needs to face the mess he's helped cause with a a bigger pair of gonads. Huffing, puffing, and sulking isn't going to do him any favours.

Or,

B ) It's IS the club's decision which then makes Lamberk a total gutless puppet who is willing to do whatever his master says. Not only has he seemingly had the rug pulled from beneath him with transfers, he's now bending over, taking one and carrying out ridiculous orders like this.

Which shows bugger all really (not even the cash flow, I'd guess, as it would appear that very few transfers are paid in full on transfer of registration).

Yeah, Its kinda all lost its relevance to the original point though now. We were just trying to point out that if Lerner stopped putting cash in in 2010/11. Then its entirely feasable to suggest that the generated income since those accounts has now all been spent and the cupboard is bare. due to the transfers, wages, manager payoffs, interest repayments yadda yadda yadda. 

So in the same way that our wage structure wasn't sustainable under O'Neill, Lerner's continued cost cutting exercise won't be sustainable in the Premiership or Championship and eventually he will have to spend to stop his investment from drowning.

Absolutely. Nail on the head. When though?? we all know the TEAM desperately needs it. Makes me wonder if McCleish went and messed up their plans last year by staying up tbh. Without basically Bent, Ireland and Given off the books with no replacements I dont see how we're going to be solvent in the premiership. Going down (and getting what? 40m a year less due to parachute payments) and an everything must go sale will reign. 

The only time? Apart from the previous year you mean, when we sold Milner and Young?

And the season before that the net spend was £3m.

nope. Milner left in 2010. young and downing in 2011

the season before that 09/10 was when we bought downing, delph, dunne, collins, beye + warnock. sold barry, gardner and Knight and spent nearly £20m more than we got back

All basically money we still owe Lerner and are paying back at nearly £6m a year
Edited by VILLAMARV

That is despite the newly-published Deloitte Football Money League 2013 placing Villa among the world’s top 30 clubs in reported revenue terms in the 2011/12 season.

Quote above from the Birmingham Mail article,

Very surprised at this, how is our revenue so high when our attendances have been on the decline for years? Are we really making that much from merchandise, sponsorship etc.

All over fb and my twitter he has been sacked?

**edit looks to have started from one source and snowballed so most likely bollocks**

Two sources.  There is AVFC0fficial and AVFCoffficial who are constantly getting retweeted.   Seems there is a sizeable amount of people who are too thick or too lazy to notice/wonder why the official Twitter account of a Premier League football club would have a fairly obvious spelling mistake in it. 

That is despite the newly-published Deloitte Football Money League 2013 placing Villa among the world’s top 30 clubs in reported revenue terms in the 2011/12 season.

In 2009/10 we were in the top 20 so as with our position in the Premier League we have gone backwards.

Edited by markavfc40

Spot on. Although McKendrick has been acting like an arse for some weeks now.

ps - Norwich City struggling badly now this season without Lambert! Strange world!

Just goes to show how far the club has gone backwards. I have no particular view of or affinity with McKendricks but he is only doing his job and asking the questions which the fans and readers of his newspaper are asking.

From the very beginning of his ownership, Lerner has treated the local press/media like pariahs and reserved his few public utterances solely for the national broadsheets. Krulak pretended to be a man of the people but in reality he and Lerner consider us all to be plebs. Originally I applauded his supposed lack of ego, but now it smacks of total ignorance.

I am sure we would all agree that when Lerner took over from Ellis, it felt like we, the supporters, mattered. Load of bollox, we never did and Lerner is no longer hiding his disdain.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Yeah, Its kinda all lost its relevance to the original point though now. We were just trying to point out that if Lerner stopped putting cash in in 2010/11. Then its entirely feasable to suggest that the generated income since those accounts has now all been spent and the cupboard is bare. due to the transfers, wages, manager payoffs, interest repayments yadda yadda yadda.

Nonsense.

The original point was that you appeared to know little about what you were going on about (transfer balance sheet and so on) and the follow up posts would seem to confirm that.

The club is ill-advised to get into a battle with the local press on top of everything else. And if Lambert can't handle a simple question like "how do you think the fans feel afrer turning out in numbers to watch another defeat?" He needs to go on a media training course.

Anybody whom thinks we will come straight back up, forget it. Not ITK......right, so dont roast my balls. However, 4 players have already told Lambert they want out if relegated, one of which is weimann. Was told the other three, and they are not whom you would imagine.

I just never heared him properly, other than the name Weimann.

Hairy hands, can you confirm?

Edited by MagicMushroom

depends if you regard them as important.

Not sure if you're querying the importance of the fans or the press? ;) If the latter, it's just part of a professional manager's job to handle the media effectively. Don't see why Lambert should be an exception?

Edited by briny_ear

I don't think for a minute a player would approach a manager in the midst of a relegation battle and say: hey gaffer, see if we go down I'm jumping ship just so you know! Absolutely no chance such conversations take place between a player and a manager. Of course, they would get their agent to make their feelings known as and when such a situation happened but to suggest that has happened already I'd suggest is 100 per cent wrong.

I think what you'll find at the moment in time is a lot of stories and just about all of them nonsense. I don't mean that to be rude because everyone is rightly desperate to find out pieces of information with things the way they are.

Thats a relief!

The one guy i dont want to leave is Weimann.

I aint read all the above, but can you tell me why Lambert is putting up with this shit?

Not being funny, but i imagine a large section of our support would stand right behind him if he came out and said openly that the goal posts had changed.