Paul Lambert

Pilchard

<_< maybe you could just be rational? Instead of being a moany...er...so and so. 

Or maybe I could be like you and call all other posters 'Fools'.

I can see you are going to go down like a brick in water on this forum.

Don't know whether anyone has posted the link to this yet? Its an article by Brian Reade which appeared in the Daily Mirror on Saturday.

'I felt sorry for Paul Lambert as he stood on the Villa Park touchline unable to prevent the Capital One Cup humiliation that was unfolding at the hands of lowly Bradford.

He is understandably coming in for stick from gutted Villa fans but whether the club's dismal plight is totally down to him is another matter.

I know a manager who was interviewed for that Villa job last summer, who considered taking it until Randy Lerner told him how much he'd have to spend on new players and salaries. He laughed and declined.'

Lambert knew he was working under the same restrictions yet still took the job. And if he is sacked, he'll have his multi-million pound salary paid up for the duration of his three-year contract, meaning he won't need to work again.'

This article in the Mirror basically substantiates everything that 'hairyhands' has stipulated on this site so i think several posters including myself (which i have already done) owe him an apology.

Or maybe I could be like you and call all other posters 'Fools'.

I can see you are going to go down like a brick in water on this forum.

i have been here since 2007.. Some logic astounds me. People say all sorts on here so maybe get off your high horse, eh. 

We need a manager who takes no nonsense and can get the best out of mediocre players.

Pulis ticks both boxes.

We've already had one of those and he damn near ruined the club with a little help from Lerner of course. 

Edited by Morpheus

:lol:

Not this shit again. We had the 6th highest wage bill. We finished 6th. He did the minimum he should have. Average manager. The facts say so. The end.

And also gave us the best Villa days in recent times.

Did a brilliant job with a club of our stature, that is also a fact.

Give any manager 100 million and im sure they could do something too!!

Although he only ever played half of them???

A brilliant man manager and tactician. 

Something PL aspires to be.

Edited by West

i have been here since 2007.. Some logic astounds me. People say all sorts on here so maybe get off your high horse, eh. 

That they do. But they don't tend to 'Dip In' to the forum, label everyone else as fools and then 'Dip Out' again.

Edited by pacbuddies

At the time did people really give a **** about wages/money wanted under Mon? We were to busy having a good time. If he could've turned one of those 6th place finishes into a 4th place, the wages wouldn't have mattered.

Don't know whether anyone has posted the link to this yet? Its an article by Brian Reade which appeared in the Daily Mirror on Saturday.

'I felt sorry for Paul Lambert as he stood on the Villa Park touchline unable to prevent the Capital One Cup humiliation that was unfolding at the hands of lowly Bradford.

He is understandably coming in for stick from gutted Villa fans but whether the club's dismal plight is totally down to him is another matter.

I know a manager who was interviewed for that Villa job last summer, who considered taking it until Randy Lerner told him how much he'd have to spend on new players and salaries. He laughed and declined.'

Lambert knew he was working under the same restrictions yet still took the job. And if he is sacked, he'll have his multi-million pound salary paid up for the duration of his three-year contract, meaning he won't need to work again.'

This article in the Mirror basically substantiates everything that 'hairyhands' has stipulated on this site so i think several posters including myself (which i have already done) owe him an apology.

Well many of us (including myself) have been saying all along that Lambert has been working under extremely tough constraints viz. transfer policy and his squad restructuring remit.

What I'm more concerned about at this stage are Lambert's tactics and powers of motivation.

A brilliant man manager and tactician. 

Something PL aspires to be.

Pulis is (for want of a better word) a "chequebook manager". 

He is MoN Lite.

Stoke have the 3rd highest net spend of the last 5 years behind Man City and Chelsea. 

And for all that money - around £75M - the highest that they've finished is around 11th I think.

If you're spending that kind of money and you can't finish above 10th, something's wrong.

:lol:

Not this shit again. We had the 6th highest wage bill. We finished 6th. He did the minimum he should have. Average manager. The facts say so. The end.

How is it shit? Better than the wank that's been served up since he left..

Sacking the manager wont help as its the owner that is the problem. Yes lambert has made some bad buys etc but robot cause is Lerner. You could bring Fergie in and it won't help as we are going down and what scares me is that we are not good enough for championship.