Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The solution isn't getting rid off Lambert IMO (although I understand the people who wan't him gone). The situation isn't black and white. The club is rotten and it's not his fault. The squad is shit.

Calling the man a word removed is just really poor.

Agreed.  The mans out doing the job to the best of his ability.  He isnt out trying to get us hammered every week.  Unfortunatley for us fans, Lerner is the guy who decides weather its good enought or not.

Nose alert...........prick

Or a Villa fan who has been there done that, got the proverbial T-Shirt and is showing a little bit of gallows humour at the current awfulness of the whole club.

I'll leave you to decide...prick.

Some great quotes again...A nice mention of Lerner as well. They get on great.

"Randy has been brilliant," said former Norwich boss Lambert. "Whatever happens
happens, but he's been brilliant with me. He's a really good guy."

"It's not great, but you have to keep going," Lambert told BBC Sport.

"You take your medicine, pick yourself up and go again.
There's no way you can lie down."

Lambert came in with that little bit of glory around him.. a good guy with quite the (good) arrogant way of addressing his duties. He approached the tactical side immediately saying we were going to pass the ball around and people were talking about top 6. Lambert justified his transfers even though we already had a lot of young players, again, a bit arrogant like every great manager has to be. When Mourinho, Wenger and Fergie says something out of the ordinary you kind of have to respect it or even think there might be something to it. We had huge hopes for Lambert, mostly because we just knew he was going to be better than McLeish and because we hoped (fooled ourselves) he was the next big thing in England. During the pre-season a lot of people here were talking about hanging on to him for as long as we could before Man Utd snatched him after Fergie had retired - this for a manager that brought Norwich up to the Premier League and did pretty well. That was it for him though, he did well for Norwich in the Premier League his first season, he was never the finished article and people just wanted too much out of him.

Sadly, the story is about to end. A manager never spends a lot of time at Villa and it looks like he will even shorten the average stretch. His cheeky arrogance is no longer Mourinho-cool or worthy of any respect, it has become the lost gospel of a person who doesn't know what to say anymore. He looks down in every interview and he says the same things, he had one solution to everything and he keeps doing the same even though we are basically losing every single game. The cup-run was decent, but we all know the cup is basically about luck and who we draw up against. We beat Man City away, but we lost to Bradford - says it all really - about cups and us really.

What happens now? Who knows, some want Lambert out and some blame Lerner, as to say Lambert couldn't have done anything wrong thus far. I am deeply against that sentiment, I even saw someone wrote that Mourinho/Wenger/Fergie wouldn't have done any better with this team. That is utter bullshit, a good manager would do much better with this team and he would have gotten more out of our experienced players as well, hence very few of us on this forum predicted relegation when we all knew the material we had before the season.

Were hopes for Lambert too high? Without a doubt, he had very little experience, is quite young and started out with arrogant views on things. Being a manager is hard, few succeed, and even fewer reach the absolute top. I have no doubt Lambert can return and one day be a great manager, but that will be in 10 years and for another club. I don't know if he will be sacked in the morning, to be honest I don't really know what I want right now, but it doesn't really seem like he cares either. It seems like he has given up, as expectations are always high and resources are low at Villa. He has maybe given up and now he is just waiting to be fired, so that he can collect a few years' worth of salary and take an early vacation.

• Like 2

Sorry Drat, my idiot bluenose of a house mate thinks its funny to use my account . No offence intended, I should obviously learn not to leave my computer unattended!

Nice recovery.

• Like 1

Sorry Drat, my idiot bluenose of a house mate thinks its funny to use my account . No offence intended, I should obviously learn not to leave my computer unattended!

hahahahaha yeah yeah....

I really wish Houllier had of stayed. Imagine the team we'd have now! **** McLeish though, he was shit.

Lambert aint going anywhere, the club wont pay him off because deep down Randy will know that this squad is actually pretty shit. It will be difficult for any manager to come in now and turn things around, and if a manager did come in and doesnt improve things, will they sack him too? Then just keep hiring and firing managers every 6 months?

The whole team needs to be rebuilt, and if Lerner wants to stick with this wage structure then relegation will happen, and the rebuilding will be done in the championship.

You said you did

In reply to you saying 'Other English football fans have accepted were down' - I said 'Who gives a **** what other fans think'. To which you reply - 'Us **** Villa fans'.

The reference to Westwood was to highlight that Villa fans can sometimes talk shit - in response to you saying 'villa fans have accepted were down'.

You see your at it again.. Don't take part of what I said mate, use all of it. You said "who gives a **** what villa fan's think", which is what I replied to not the English bit, read all your post. I don't give a shit what other fans think I was merely stating even most neutrals think/accepted Villa are down. And I think the majority of villa fan's on here and elsewhere believe it also the way things are going.

The grass is not always greener, a dream team of taggert and Jose couldn't sort us out currently.

I really don't like comments like this. It's almost like you're saying Lambert is doing a good job.

He's spent over £20m and made us the worst attacking and defending team in the Prem. That's some achievement.

I really don't like comments like this. It's almost like you're saying Lambert is doing a good job.

Ok let's get say someone like Ian Dowie, happy with that?

When they are shit after a few games we'll just sack them and get someone else in how about Steve Keane?

Baring in mind it's free each time you sack and hire a manager.