Paul Lambert

Pilchard

still the right guy for me. No doubts at all

Really? None whatsoever? One could argue that he hasn't been able to change the team or tactics much due to injuries, but one could also argue that he had an entire summer to bring in some new faces and decided to buy a load of youngsters who have never played at the top level in any country, let alone the Premier League. What was he thinking when he bought so many youngsters? We could all see we needed more mature and experienced players thrown into the mix. I'm not saying being a football manager is easy, far from it, but having a mixed squad of youth, experience and quality is just common sense. I really think this could have been avoided, poor form Lambert.

I don't think relegation is a foregone conclusion, it's too early for that, but if we don't buy in January or at least get Vlaar and Dunne back in the second half of the season, I think we're goners.

The club is a joke right now.

I'm wavering, big time. I was lost for words when I saw that we had set up in a 3-5-2 again, stunned. Not only that but they look absolutely rudderless and he is the manager, right?

The buck stops. He is now on my naughty list, it's going to take a lot for me to believe again.

Quoting West. "The way wigan played today, I think they would have put goals past most teams..."

go back one game, the talk was about how Spurs would have turned anyone over with their performance

back two games and Chelsea were amazing and would have beat anyone by a massive score

of these three games there is only one constant, Aston Villa. The question is were these three teams really good and playing out of their skins or were we just shit and making them all look better than they were.

We need investment in established players and we need it quick.

I think he needs to re-assess his approach to transfers and show some of the pragmatism that I thought was one of his strengths at Norwich.

In short, I want him to stay but I want him to have a rethink about his building process. We need a smattering of old heads.

• Like 1

Surely you are kidding (apologies if you really are). Please let's not revise this into 'yeah, I know it's Wigan but actually they played very well'. They didn't. Wigan were very poor. THEY WERE SHIT. We were just shitter.

Indeed I was kidding hence the 'in all seriousness' in the next line.

We have been absolutely appalling.

He bought in 4 lower league youngsters.

Westwood and Lowton are both decent players whilst Bennett and Bowery have not played enough for me to judge.

This whole "He bought a load of lower league youngsters" is a myth.

He probably bought too many youngsters in fairness , but only Westwood and Lowton have had any real run of games in the side so it is unfair to use the "lower league" argument against Lambert .

I think he needs to re-assess his approach to transfers and show some of the pragmatism that I thought was one of his strengths at Norwich.

In short, I want him to stay but I want him to have a rethink about his building process. We need a smattering of old heads.

Just listened to him on R5 and it doesn't sound as though that's likely.

'Pick them up and go again'. That phrase is really starting to get my goat.

Just listened to him on R5 and it doesn't sound as though that's likely.

'Pick them up and go again'. That phrase is really starting to get my goat.

Well to be honest Darren, if he doesn't then I fear the worst. :(

I think relegation is looing more and more likely as the weeks go by, and our crap players and crap manager can't really do anything about it. Like one extremely long, drawn out car crash with a muppet at the wheel.

The simple fact is unless we see some serious investment we are going to go down. I just feel so depressed about Villa right now, even more so than last season. I didnt think things were going to get worse.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I'm just back from VP and hand on heart that is sadly the worst Villa side I have seen in 25 years. There is no hiding from it.

The sad facts are also that despite some blaming injuries and using it as a convenient excuse the only two players that would have started today had they been fit would have been Vlaar and Gabby. Lambert decided way before his injury that he didn't fancy Bent and that Benteke, Weimann and Gabby were ahead of him. NZogbia had also barely featured. Baker would be behind Clark and Vlaar and Dunne has been out since pre season.

It is looking increasingly obvious that for whatever reason Lambert **** up big style in the summer. He signed way too many players who lacked any experience or with proven quality at anything like this level. Some had potential but while we wait for them to consistently realise that potential we could well be relegated. It seems now this was his choice to tread this route and listening to him speak he looks likely to tread it again in January. He needs to wise up quickly though and realise its all very well having players with potential but you need to combine it with experience and proven quality at this level.

Our defence and midfield are an absolute shambles. We also lack any leadership. If these areas aren't addressed in January and proven quality players at this level aren't brought in then I can see us dropping.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

We have scored the least, we have let in the most - we have played 20 games and we are officially in turmoil. We are not just losing games, which is fair for most teams except the big ones, we are getting hammered and ridiculed. Beaten up by Chelsea, rolled over by Tottenham and now a laughing stock at home to Wigan. No bite from a gang of players who should be fired up to justify their place in the team.

Our squad is knackered, no doubt about it, and now we play:

Four games in 11 days, including two cup games against Bradford and Ipswich.

For the last two games I have asked myself why he keeps playing Herd, I really dont understand that. We are never going to keep a clean sheet with him there. To be honest ever time the back 3 made a mistake they have been punished for it, and that is how it is in this league. Get Vlaar and Dunne back and I actually think we would be okay but if they are out for a while we need two new ones.

The Ipswich/Bradford game can't come soon enough. These young lads need to win a game. Anyone will do.

I'm so bored of feeling shit about Villa. It's all getting so boring now. Randy needs to sort it out.

Edited by PieFacE

Lambert still gets his name chanted while 8-0, 4-0 and 3-0 down. Why? People were boo'ing Mcleish before he even walked in the door. Yes Mcleish was shit, but this has got to be worse?

Edited by Daniel