U.S. Politics

maqroll

48 minutes ago, andyjsg said:

Sorry to ruin it, this is an anti-masker getting kicked off a plane from November I think

I mean, you could be right. 

But the guy in the video crying is wearing a mask. Which would make him a peculiar "anti-masker".

And the mask he's wearing would presumably stop him from being kicked off a plane for not wearing a mask.

12 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I mean, you could be right. 

But the guy in the video crying is wearing a mask. Which would make him a peculiar "anti-masker".

And the mask he's wearing would presumably stop him from being kicked off a plane for not wearing a mask.

I follow Yashar Ali from the Huffpost and he debunked it.

Edited by andyjsg
Yashar not Yashir

There's so much hypocrisy amongst these white trash, low iq idiots that it's hard not to laugh. The presence of so many 'evangelical' Christians makes me wonder how they sleep at night. How can you rationally defend this sort of behaviour and believe in a faith which preaches peace, "Walk daily in the footsteps of the Prince of Peace, lord Jesus" etc. It's mind-boggling.

Prosecute them all with Trump's new laws (10 years in prison) that he put through to punish BLM protestors, people with any sort of weapons, who threw things and hit out with anything needs to be prosecuted with terrorism-offenses. 

I'm loving the work of the people on Twitter who are identifying said morons, it's great reading.

Next year's South Park season is going to be awesome!

• Like 3

One of Trumps golf courses have been removed from the PGA tour. 

I think his business's are going to suffer significantly after this.

I wonder how many people will resign membership of his courses? If you were looking for a wedding venue, would you feel comfortable having Trumps name connected to it? (other than rabid Trump supporters obviously). 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

One of Trumps golf courses have been removed from the PGA tour. 

Not sure that's happened yet, they were waiting for him to leave office so there'd be no repercussions the last I read

Domestic Terrorist: Rep. Lauren Boebert, a newly elected member of congress and a big QAnon supporter, is facing calls for her arrest after live-tweeting Nancy Pelosi’s location to terrorists as they stormed the U.S. Capitol earlier this week.

Patheos

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure that's happened yet, they were waiting for him to leave office so there'd be no repercussions the last I read

It has. The PGA of America voted yesterday to terminate the agreement to have the next year's US PGA at Bedminster.

Beeb:

Trump National in Bedminster has been stripped of the US PGA Championship in 2022 as its organisers felt using the course as host would be "detrimental".

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

Domestic Terrorist: Rep. Lauren Boebert, a newly elected member of congress and a big QAnon supporter, is facing calls for her arrest after live-tweeting Nancy Pelosi’s location to terrorists as they stormed the U.S. Capitol earlier this week.

Patheos

Well, at least she's very sorry about the whole thing:

She seems sensible.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, blandy said:

As lamentable as she appears to be, that is utter nonsense. They're all like a bunch of 12 year olds.

This is true. Imagine giving power and guns to 12 year olds. This is what has happened. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The line that sticks from that thread is that many of the protestors expected the police to down tools and join them. The degree to which these people have had a complete fantasy imprinted on them is scary - they genuinely believe that almost the whole country is actually behind them and waiting to overthrow this tiny cabal of left wing extremists - it's utterly insane.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The line that sticks from that thread is that many of the protestors expected the police to down tools and join them. The degree to which these people have had a complete fantasy imprinted on them is scary - they genuinely believe that almost the whole country is actually behind them and waiting to overthrow this tiny cabal of left wing extremists - it's utterly insane.

There are a great many people who have sunk so deep into their social media driven fantasy world it does seem like a kind of mass brainwashing has occurred. 

I do think they need to launch some kind of help for these people. 

I wonder how many of them are like doing cold turkey now not being able to log on to Trumps twitter, and onto Parler and spend their day digesting and repeating all the tripe. 

I don't do any social media but when a thread I have been interested in on VT goes quiet I feel a tinsy tiny bit deflated.  I would imagine that when something that has been utterly consuming you suddenly disappears it comes as one hell of a shock. 

Hopefully for some of them it suddenly dawns on them that it's not been healthy and they can take a step back, like you hear some people saying when they've been on a phone detox for a while. 

Â