U.S. Politics

maqroll

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Looking like GOP-lite Doug Jones for AG. Biden playing it extra safe.

Is he actually as conservative as his voting record, or did he vote the way he did with half an eye on attempting to be re-elected in Alabama? Either way, I agree it's not an exactly inspiring pick.

Edited by HanoiVillan

7 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Firing your head of cyber security AND defense secretary whilst Russia hacks all your crucial infrastructure  isn't the sort of thing that makes me think the "Russia nonsense" has been debunked.

Opposite GIFs | Tenor

"hacks"

The password was solarwinds123.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is he actually as conservative as his voting record, or did he vote the way he did with half an eye on attempting to be re-elected in Alabama? Either way, I agree it's not an exactly inspiring pick.

Word this morn is that Biden is going to put this on the backburner as he figures out how to navigate his son being under investigation by the justice department and an obvious conflict of interest with almost any AG pick.

45 minutes ago, villakram said:

Meanwhile, in what would be a truly mindbending piece of fook you to the populace, a government shutdown is on the cards this weekend because congress can't get it's act together regarding a funding/bailout deal. 

Well if you will vote two different parties in to power in the House and the Senate what do you expect?

Campaign for the Dem's in Georgia and this won't happen 

49 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well if you will vote two different parties in to power in the House and the Senate what do you expect?

Campaign for the Dem's in Georgia and this won't happen 

The Ds are at least as responsible as the Rs here, hardly surprising with Schumer and Pelosi running the show. 

Not sure how the Dems are responsible for the Covid relief bill  being sat on Turtle's desk tbh...

Then again, I suspect it's also the Dem's fault that Garland didn't have a hearing. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

24 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It's Trumps response that should interest you rather than the easy manner in which Russia has bummed you again.

T'other way round for me. Man-pampers is a soon to be gone arse, and not worth taking any notice of. That the Russians can and did seemingly penetrate so much is much more significant now. Russia will still be at it long after poo-boy has gone.

Just now, blandy said:

T'other way round for me. Man-pampers is a soon to be gone arse, and not worth taking any notice of. That the Russians can and did seemingly penetrate so much is much more significant now. Russia will still be at it long after poo-boy has gone.

Yeah neither are great.

Â