U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 19/10/2019 at 23:11, StefanAVFC said:

Gabbard is the Stein of 2020. SHe's a distraction. A useful distraction.

From

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/dk4w9v/rep_tulsi_gabbard_gets_2020_endorsement_from/

"Tulsi comes from family of republicans"

"Tulsi has been praised by such and such"

"Tulsi repeats russian talking points"

"Tulsi nearly joined"

If I was American I would stay as far away from democrats as possible, but the smear campaign of the only reasonable candidate to come from the democratic side of the house is sickening. 

She is a real wave of fresh air, and I hope more politicians were like her. No wonder the media status quo is not in her favour.

She has a really good episode on Joe Rogan, good watch/listen:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, villakram said:

I would have thought the murdering and destruction of foreign countries would have done that...

Nah, the tucking and running is the thing that will sting for them.

Your rhetorical point is a good one.

• Like 1

So this is legal? Seems very 3rd world dictatorship-sih.

White House urges federal agencies to cancel Washington Post and New York Times subscriptions

Washington (CNN)The White House is urging all federal agencies to cancel their subscriptions to the New York Times and the Washington Post.

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement Thursday that "not renewing subscriptions across all federal agencies will be a significant cost saving for taxpayers -- hundreds of thousands of dollars."
The move was first reported by The Wall Street Journal. It follows President Donald Trump's recent indication that the White House would "terminate" its existing subscriptions with the two newspapers, which have been the frequent target of the administration's criticism through Trump's candidacy and presidency.
"The New York Times, which is a fake newspaper -- we don't even want it in the White House anymore. We're going to probably terminate that and the Washington Post," Trump said on Fox News' "Hannity" Monday evening.
"They're fake," the President added. "You take a look at the New York Times and you take a look at the kind of reporting they do, it was all -- it turned out to be all wrong."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/24/politics/white-house-new-york-times-washington-post-subscriptions/index.html

Edited by sne

20 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The 20th/21st century chapters in history books are gonna be so embarrassing...assuming we still exist a few centuries from now.

If we've learned anything in these last few years it's that old people can't be trusted with modern technology.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Imagine Boris going to a Villa game. West Midlands would be out of cabbage.

1) he seems more a SHA type of guy

2) didn’t the West Midlands have the highest leave vote in the UK? This forum might not be on board, but I assume he has some fans in the area

Born again Christian Kanye West has done a radio interview where he claims that Democrats have brainwashed the black community to do unholy things, like Plan B birth control and encouraging the abortion of babies and and that Jesus has freed him from the Democrats clutches.

Have to wonder what his beloved Jesus would think about his test tube baby that they hired a surrogate mother to carry?

Not exactly Old Testament stuff.

I really loath this guy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

the gulf in class is astounding! 

I know it’s obviously been edited to be funny but my word, the man is an absolute bonafide moron.

I honestly believe if he took an IQ test - a real one, he would come in at around 70 or less.

’they did lots of shooting and blasting’, ‘didn’t even go through the front door’ ...... some really weird shit going on in the world right now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sne said:

Born again Christian Kanye West has done a radio interview where he claims that Democrats have brainwashed the black community to do unholy things, like Plan B birth control and encouraging the abortion of babies and and that Jesus has freed him from the Democrats clutches.

Have to wonder what his beloved Jesus would think about his test tube baby that they hired a surrogate mother to carry?

Not exactly Old Testament stuff.

I really loath this guy.

I pretty much loath anyone who uses religion to form their world view and convey these 'ideas' in an outspoken way. If you want to believe in myths and other nonsensical bullshit then fine but keep your views private.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I pretty much loath anyone who uses religion to form their world view and convey these 'ideas' in an outspoken way. If you want to believe in myths and other nonsensical bullshit then fine but keep your views private.

And they all pick and chose what snippets they feel is right and important while totally disregarding others that would have been inconvenient for them.

Probably one for the religion thread thou :D 

• Like 1

Â