U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 17/11/2019 at 07:37, LondonLax said:

Trump spent two hours in hospital Sat night. It wasn’t a scheduled check up. Could he be feeling the stress?

Don't worry he is fine.

The clip at the end is really weird.  They can just say he is healthy without claiming him to have more energy than anyone else in the WH or that he is near to superhuman.  It is getting close to N Korean levels of propaganda.  Next up they will be claiming he doesn't have a butt hole.

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

The clip at the end is really weird.  They can just say he is healthy without claiming him to have more energy than anyone else in the WH or that he is near to superhuman.  It is getting close to N Korean levels of propaganda.  Next up they will be claiming he doesn't have a butt hole.

He can't "have one" because he is oneAmirite?

• Haha 1

The GOP's plan for the impeachment hearing is so blatantly transparent

They aren't excusing or even trying to defend Trump's behaviour.

They are just focusing on that he was right to investigate Hunter Biden because he was corrupt.

It would like me committing a burglary and my defence not being 'he didn't do it' but 'yes he did it, but the person he burgled hits his wife'

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The GOP's plan for the impeachment hearing is so blatantly transparent

They aren't excusing or even trying to defend Trump's behaviour.

They are just focusing on that he was right to investigate Hunter Biden because he was corrupt.

It would like me committing a burglary and my defence not being 'he didn't do it' but 'yes he did it, but the person he burgled hits his wife'

Their plan is simple. Chuck shit at the entire process and when it comes down to it stand firmly behind Trump and kill the whole thing.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

C O N S P I R A C Y

What a strange coincidence they all remembered these details between hearings.

On an unrelated, how great was it to see Roger Stone get found guilty for breaking various laws to do with impeding investigations...

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Seen his notes? 😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah was hoping someone would have put them up, if the picture I’ve seen is legit......I just don’t know what to say.....it’s the kind of notes you might expect a child to have written for themselves at a school play whilst rehearsing.....and the fact he was shouting it all out because of a nearby helicopter, the best fiction writers would struggle to come up with this shit.

This fits the Ashley Feinberg thesis that Trump is massively short-sighted, but too vain to wear glasses:

Is Donald Trump Actually Just Blind? An Investigation.

'As President Donald Trump addressed the nation about the two mass shootings that had occurred over the weekend, he said, “May God bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo.” The public reacted with alarm and derision—somehow, the president seemed to have moved the Dayton, Ohio, massacre to the wrong city, and he’d left out El Paso, Texas, entirely. Shortly after his speech, a photograph of the teleprompter proved that the original text had been correct.

When Trump messes up this way, people tend to blame his mental condition. With advanced age and the stress of his job, the theory goes, the president finds it ever more difficult to organize his erratic thoughts. He loses focus and lapses into incoherence.

But what if Trump’s problem was a literal lack of focus? What if, where most people saw the words Texas and Ohio on the teleprompter, the president saw a capital T, a big blur, and maybe an O somewhere? Minor Ohio city, starts with T: Toledo.

In 2014, as Donald Trump took the stand to testify in a civil case brought against him by two would-be residents (had his tower in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, ever actually opened), he asked the judge presiding over the case if he could borrow the judge’s reading glasses. According to a photo caption in the Sun-Sentinel at the time, “Trump quipped that he should wear them all the time, but he’s ‘too vain.’ ”'

more on link: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/what-if-donald-trump-is-just-blind.html

I've no doubt Trump has poor eyesight but I'd also stake my last penny he's mentally on the decline. If you compare his manner, his speech etc now to what he was in the 90s, it's a remarkable fall. 30 years ago he was still a pompous grandstanding dickhead, but now he's all that plus mad rambling incoherence.

Some of it might be a conscious effort to change his mannerisms, but he's also clearly got something wrong with him.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've no doubt Trump has poor eyesight but I'd also stake my last penny he's mentally on the decline. If you compare his manner, his speech etc now to what he was in the 90s, it's a remarkable fall. 30 years ago he was still a pompous grandstanding dickhead, but now he's all that plus mad rambling incoherence.

Some of it might be a conscious effort to change his mannerisms, but he's also clearly got something wrong with him.

Yeah, to be clear, I think both are true.

Â