U.S. Politics

maqroll

Yet another school shooting. I remember the chat in here at the end of Jan about the number this year. Me n the lovely Mrs VM were just saying it must be around 1 per school day somewhere in the US.

This one looks particularly nasty though and it's made the news cycle.

So sad. So senseless.

There's a documentary called "Speed Demons" on Amazon we watched the other night. Has an interesting angle on the whole thing.

7 hours ago, villakram said:

Garbage.

Where did the weapons come from?

Ever read about the rat line? There's an infamous connection to another freedom and democracy operation here.

Or about the fact the the Pentagon and Langley had different strategic priorities?

That's just the US. Never mind any of the other countries who jammed their fingers all over the lives of the Syrian people.

The chemical weapons, the Syrian forces weapons, the religionists weapons, the smuggled weapons, the Russian military’s weapons, the (ridiculously claimed) moderate opposition’s weapons? which ones do you mean? If you mean all of them then Iran, Russia, the USA, China, probably the U.K., Turkey, Iraq....oh I forgot France, Israel...everywhere that makes anything that could kill anyone. The knives that are used to decapitate poor souls are probably  made in the Far East.

or if you want to claim its the illuminati global financial elite, then go ahead. Because y point was that it’s not quite so simple as secret money runs or starts wars to protect the US currency’s reserve status

It hurts so much that they think it's not a problem.  A friend of mine is from Columbine.  i remember trying to console her, we were working in Hungary at the time. She was in bits. Columbine FFS. 

The real sad thing is with the Vegas tragedy, Columbine dropped out of the top 10.

Learn America just feckin learn.

I suppose the only hope is that, on maths alone, at some point everyone in the US will either know or be related to a victim.

Remington filed for bankruptcy yesterday, so the gun industry needed a shot in the arm today.  The best thing for sales is politicians talking about common sense gun laws (and then not implementing any) and there is nothing like a school shooting to get the conversation started.  The NRA and the gun lobby (whilst obviously not directly responsible for the shooting) make the conditions for such atrocities so perfectly that they are inevitable.  They are (The NRA) the most successful terrorist organisation on the planet when it comes to killing Americans.

44 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Remington filed for bankruptcy yesterday, so the gun industry needed a shot in the arm today.  The best thing for sales is politicians talking about common sense gun laws (and then not implementing any) and there is nothing like a school shooting to get the conversation started.  The NRA and the gun lobby (whilst obviously not directly responsible for the shooting) make the conditions for such atrocities so perfectly that they are inevitable.  They are (The NRA) the most successful terrorist organisation on the planet when it comes to killing Americans.

The Remington "bankruptcy" is a chapter 11 event, i,e., a debt restructuring, shafting of junior or other lower tier debt holders and the re-emergence of the company, probably with a new name. It wouldn't surprise me if some huge malpractice etc. lawsuit came up that the old Remington is now going to be liable for.  We would be so lucky as to see these companies go to the wall, unfortunately there's too much money to be made :(

Edited by villakram

1 hour ago, blandy said:

The chemical weapons, the Syrian forces weapons, the religionists weapons, the smuggled weapons, the Russian military’s weapons, the (ridiculously claimed) moderate opposition’s weapons? which ones do you mean? If you mean all of them then Iran, Russia, the USA, China, probably the U.K., Turkey, Iraq....oh I forgot France, Israel...everywhere that makes anything that could kill anyone. The knives that are used to decapitate poor souls are probably  made in the Far East.

or if you want to claim its the illuminati global financial elite, then go ahead. Because y point was that it’s not quite so simple as secret money runs or starts wars to protect the US currency’s reserve status

US supremacy rests to a huge degree on their ability to finance things. Reserve currency status provides guaranteed demand for their debt, hence, the huge military budget etc.

One might observe, were one interested in doing so, that both the Ukraine and Syria (geo-strategically important points), were both gifted freedom at around the same time by the Neo-con talking heads. This is control and empire plain and simple. In this case denial of control is as good as any other outcome. That Russia refused to accept such a change to the status quo in their backyard surprised only the hubris infused. See the similar nonsense with TTIP and TPP. There's no secret money involved here. It's very open. Go read foreign affairs or the strategic reviews published by DoD or the CIA (openly or leaked).

13 hours ago, villakram said:

...both the Ukraine and Syria (geo-strategically important points), were both gifted freedom at around the same time by the Neo-con talking heads. This is control and empire plain and simple. In this case denial of control is as good as any other outcome. That Russia refused to accept such a change to the status quo in their backyard surprised only the hubris infused.

Are you sure about that? genuinely? Neo-con talking head granting Syria freedom? Where did that pearl come from?

Syria being in Russia's back yard - well only if say Barcelona or Dublin is, too.

I don't think that for all the failures and duplicity and underhand nature of what the usa does, that ignoring similar or even worse actions from other players produces a rounded view of the overall situation.

• Like 2

Rod Rosenstein just outlined the scope of the Russian operation on US soil to undermine the election and democratic system. 100's employed, 100's of millions of dollars. They've indicted 13 today. Press conference is worth a watch. Russians were organizing pro-Trump rallies and anti-Trump rallies for the same time in the same cities.

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Rod Rosenstein just outlined the scope of the Russian operation on US soil to undermine the election and democratic system. 100's employed, 100's of millions of dollars. They've indicted 13 today. Press conference is worth a watch. Russians were organizing pro-Trump rallies and anti-Trump rallies for the same time in the same cities.

Excellent timing on the announcement I thought. 13 Russians indicted. It's a big "You wanna close this down now? Go on, I dare you to"

Makes memo wars seem a bit irrelevant

• Like 1

Â