U.S. Politics

maqroll

7 hours ago, Straggler said:

To a certain extent, I'm impressed that when faced with a story like this that these MAGA folk are able to look that family in the eye and hold true to their position.  It means that they are not just keyboard warriors or that they present a different more tolerant  face to the world that slips the moment they get into the privacy of a voting booth.  It is also part of the reason that my faith in human kind has taken a hit over the last few years.  I've said it before in this thread, but Trumps base of support has not slipped below 34% at its lowest ebb.  That represents 110 million people (roughly) in the USA most of whom it is fairly safe to say have views that are reflected in this interview.  It is a scary large number of asshats. 

What these people in the interview are prepared to subject this family to is disgusting and they seem to have no care at all as to the consequences of what they are saying.  The lack of empathy is just stunning.  Part of me had held onto the hope that people were just listening to the propaganda and didn't really understand what a dreamer is. This shows that even in the face of a family that has been a super positive contributor to America they heard the story and did not give a damn.

What is their objection to this? It really only boils down to xenophobia. They just completely throw empathy out of the window because they don't like brown people. Astonishing.

So Trump likes to boast that the economy is great because of him, often taking credit for the high levels of the Dow etc

No doubt the current “correction” is down to Obama or even Crooked Hilary.

1000 points down, oops

1 hour ago, bickster said:

So Trump likes to boast that the economy is great because of him, often taking credit for the high levels of the Dow etc

No doubt the current “correction” is down to Obama or even Crooked Hilary.

1000 points down, oops

Yeah it was pretty stupid of trump to tweet about Stock market gains.  

However I doubt this correction will last much longer. Trump and his new Fed chief will soon act.

55 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

A "reality*" TV star, hires a "reality"* TV show winner, to work for his "real estate company"**
The winner resigns and goes onto a "reality"* show, and whispers*** to another "reality TV star" about how awful it was to work for the "reality*" TV star in "the real world"**** of the office of the President of the United States.

*see: unreality
** see: not a real estate company, a 'branding company' (whatever the **** that is)
*** see: speaks quietly but knowing that microphones can hear her and broadcast around the world
**** see: yeah, I don't know anymore either

Lil Wayne for head of the federal reserve and Trace Adkins for Vice President.

On 2/9/2018 at 06:17, Keyblade said:

What is their objection to this? It really only boils down to xenophobia. They just completely throw empathy out of the window because they don't like brown people. Astonishing.

Two of the people in that video were also not white, one of them was from Mexico. 

I have often heard it said that one of the most vocal groups of people who don't like 'illegal' immigration are other immigrants who arrived legally via visa/migration programs and feel like if they could do it though the 'proper channels' then other people should too.

Lol.  Rosenstein isn't compromised by memos.  He's tainted in the minds of Trump supporters because of Trump's false accusations.  Are you sure you're not a Trumper?  The only others seeing the same nefarious scheming in those memos are his shills and die-hard supporters who want desperately to believe that he's been treated unfairly.

• Like 3

The Dem response memo that was voted to be released; blocked by Trump because it contains “numerous properly classified and sensitive passages".

Nothing to hide, full transparency. Yessir.

Furthermore. heads of both the DoJ and FBI (both Trump appointees) cleared the Dem memo to be released, while warning off releasing the Rep one.

The President, who blew the cover of an Israeli intel operation, asked the Russian's to hack Clinton's emails, fired the head of the FBI and countless other blunders is all a sudden concerned about the national security implications of a memo?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

The vacant No 3 position that just opened up at the DoJ is crucial to shutting down the inquiry. The No 3 will be overseeing it when and I mean when they fire Rosenstein.

Rosenstein won't last much after the No 3 is in place

• Like 1

14 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Lol.  Rosenstein isn't compromised by memos.  He's tainted in the minds of Trump supporters because of Trump's false accusations.  Are you sure you're not a Trumper?  The only others seeing the same nefarious scheming in those memos are his shills and die-hard supporters who want desperately to believe that he's been treated unfairly.

So, so naive.

The whole point of the memo is to discredit. The republicans control the house, the senate, the presidency and the supreme court and a significant part of the adult populace support them.  Rosenstein has just had a whole a shit thrown at him, and you claim none of it sticks. Open your eyes and stop being so biased.

The head of the DoJ is now identified as a democrat.

9 minutes ago, villakram said:

The whole point of the memo is to discredit.

The point of the memo is exactly that, thing is, it fails spectacularly to do that.

Rosenstein was only involved in the fourth and final/current FISA warrant.

Also, the memo itself acknowledges that it was a drunken Papadopolis that sparked the original investigation not the Steele dossier, even though it keeps talking about that as if it sparked the thing, it didn't. The memo is a spectacular own goal

The head of the DoJ is Jeff Sessions, when did he switch sides?

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

The point of the memo is exactly that, thing is, it fails spectacularly to do that.

Rosenstein was only involved in the fourth and final/current FISA warrant.

Also, the memo itself acknowledges that it was a drunken Papadopolis that sparked the original investigation not the Steele dossier, even though it keeps talking about that as if it sparked the thing, it didn't. The memo is a spectacular own goal

The head of the DoJ is Jeff Sessions, when did he switch sides?

Interesting choice of lines to omit. there should be an ", imho" after the bolded part. That was the point of those lines. It's all a battle for opinion. It is important to know that you/I/we are playing a game.

They know that, why is it that so many on the other side apparently fail to be aware of this. Not picking on you here, as your comment earlier demonstrates clarity on the current part of the game.

4 hours ago, villakram said:

So, so naive.

The whole point of the memo is to discredit. The republicans control the house, the senate, the presidency and the supreme court and a significant part of the adult populace support them.  Rosenstein has just had a whole a shit thrown at him, and you claim none of it sticks. Open your eyes and stop being so biased.

I think your use of the word "compromised" is the problem here.  I'm not naive at all.  I agree that a significant portion of the public believe Trump's lies about Rosenstein and the rest of the smear campaign, but "compromised" implies that the memos actually implicated him in chicanery, which they most certainly did not.  Trump and Nunes'  spin/lies about what the facts really mean tarnish him in the eyes of His true believers, and only them.  That's not the same as being compromised.

• Like 2

Â