U.S. Politics

maqroll

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Excellent timing on the announcement I thought. 13 Russians indicted. It's a big "You wanna close this down now? Go on, I dare you to"

Makes memo wars seem a bit irrelevant

Exactly - and now Trump and his army can't keep bleating about it being a Democrat hoax made up because they lost the election. They have proved the meddling by the Russian State. Next they will prove or disprove if the Trump team knowingly colluded with them.

As much distaste as I have for Trump and his family, part of me really hopes that there was no known collusion. It will be very traumatic for this country if he has to get impeached. The US is very divided, even if that division was falsely created by Putin's KGB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

As much distaste as I have for Trump and his family, part of me really hopes that there was no known collusion

Based on everything so far, it surely seems more likely that utter idiocy and them being manipulated, plus kind of lack of awareness of "you're not allowed to do that" is going to be the finding. And then lying and covering up stupidity.

I mean they're a bunch of absolute clueless clowns, really.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Based on everything so far, it surely seems more likely that utter idiocy and them being manipulated, plus kind of lack of awareness of "you're not allowed to do that" is going to be the finding. And then lying and covering up stupidity.

I agree and that would be my guess.

However the Trump family money tied up in property in various corrupt states with ties to Russia is very troubling. The conflicts of interest in the administration is staggering.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

I'm not sure anyone's that stupid though

I mean the level of stupidity we're talking here is:-

Obama (and FBI) to Trump during the transition: Don't use General Kelly, he's under investigation for having illegal contacts with Russia

Trump: Employs General Kelly

Just one example of literally thousands

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure anyone's that stupid though

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Obama (and FBI) to Trump during the transition: Don't use General Kelly, he's under investigation for having illegal contacts with Russia

Well, exactly. It’s a mix of utter stupidity, lack of awareness of you really shouldn’t do that” and all topped off with a monumental ego. 70 years of doing and getting away with whatever you want will lead to monumental stupidity when introduced into the complex nature of government....as we’ve seen. Plus he’s got a huge loathing of Obama’s for making fun of him at that press speech thingy 3 years ago, or whenever it was.  And the appointing all his dumb lackeys and family...

63351342139669493514.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

"Hanlon's razor"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

He's not as clever as he thinks he is, but he's not as stupid as he looks.

He thinks he's untouchable though.  And he's not.  He WILL be taken down for this.

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's not as clever as he thinks he is, but he's not as stupid as he looks.

He thinks he's untouchable though.  And he's not.  He WILL be taken down for this.

What I'm not clear on is this:
If the Mueller investigation finds Trump or his family have committed a crime but it's not related to the election what happens then? Say they find some financial crimes from about 5 years ago will the DOJ go ahead and prosecute or will it be deemed outside the remit of the special prosecutor?

Ultimately I guess it's Jeff Session's decision - can he decide not to prosecute at his own discretion?

On 2/16/2018 at 18:48, TheAuthority said:

What I'm not clear on is this:
If the Mueller investigation finds Trump or his family have committed a crime but it's not related to the election what happens then? Say they find some financial crimes from about 5 years ago will the DOJ go ahead and prosecute or will it be deemed outside the remit of the special prosecutor?

Ultimately I guess it's Jeff Session's decision - can he decide not to prosecute at his own discretion?

It might just be a matter of time, and results in November. If the Dems take over Congress, the first thing they'll do is impeach. GOP leadership will have no choice but to tell Trump to resign for the good of the party in 2020.

9 hours ago, sne said:

Stay classy Donald, stay classy.

Another low point in our history. The President of the United States using dead children to take pressure off the investigation into his treason.

Â