U.S. Politics

maqroll

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

So this wasn't real. 

No, but a lot of people thought it was real! (The guy changed his Twitter handle late last night to what it is now)

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

No, but a lot of people thought it was real! (The guy changed his Twitter handle late last night to what it is now)

The second tweet in the thread posted within seconds said it wasn't true, like Seth Abramson said, READ BOTH TWEETS. People didn't do that though

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Why the sodding hell have the BBC (newsnight) got Gorka on again?

Is he on speed dial?

"Balance".

When your board and staff comprise people like Rona Airhead and James K'inell, this is what balance is defined as.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

The second tweet in the thread posted within seconds said it wasn't true, like Seth Abramson said, READ BOTH TWEETS. People didn't do that though

Yeah, I think the first tweet was so good, people just ran with it. New York magazine (among others) has a write up on it today..

2 hours ago, peterms said:

In case anyone thought the aggressive juvenile braggadocio in the US administration was confined to the emotionally stunted child who has been levered into the highest office:

Mattis is a degenerate. Sad days when he is considered the most stable of the cabinet.

20 hours ago, Rodders said:

oh right. I was wondering what his point was about the whole don't read until if you've seen both. I'm being dim, but I can't see what he's trying to say - or is he just highlighting further hilarity?

No the two tweets he is referring to are the gorilla one and the one after saying the gorilla story is fake. 

At this point it is difficult to believe if anything is actually real or made up. 

That highlighted page about the small wax hands appears to be from a book titled ‘Fury and Fire’ when the actual book is called ‘Fire and Fury’. 

whether he does or does not, it would be fitting of his character to know about having a degenerative neurological disease and still think he’s fit to run a country and cover it up.

Edited by a m ole

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

As usual I find myself asking, are these actually real? It's like a satire of a satire. 

I'm afraid they are.  I checked his twitter feed, because I thought it had to be a spoof.  Sad.  Bigly sad.

Â