U.S. Politics

maqroll

6 hours ago, snowychap said:

That's all very well but then they should go through procedures to deal with and address that. Has McCabe been removed from his post? Has he been suspended?

My point was not about who had done right or wrong but that you have the holder of the highest office in the US making public snide comments about another very senior ('non-political') official.

I agree with that principle about the correct way for things/people to proceed in order for things to get done.

Not meant as against your point, more as an addendum. This kind of sniping is pretty much par for the course in US politics as far as I've seen. Using twitter instead of The Hill or The Washington Post is a mere detail... previously of the peculiar kind, but no longer. I kind of like seeing these political animals eat their own.

Those with principle are typically ignored, I just hope that Bernie has inspired the next generation as the political landscape is pretty barren right now.

14 minutes ago, villakram said:

I agree with that principle about the correct way for things/people to proceed in order for things to get done.

Not meant as against your point, more as an addendum. This kind of sniping is pretty much par for the course in US politics as far as I've seen. Using twitter instead of The Hill or The Washington Post is a mere detail... previously of the peculiar kind, but no longer. I kind of like seeing these political animals eat their own.

Those with principle are typically ignored, I just hope that Bernie has inspired the next generation as the political landscape is pretty barren right now.

McCabe is deputy director of the FBI, a law enforcement agency, and not a political opponent.

Even so, people must make sure that Trump's carrying on as President (for instance, the trash talking on twitter and elsewhere) doesn't become normalized such that whoever takes over from him in 2025 will have free rein to go further still.

There's probably an interesting long read somewhere about why it is precisely that American right-wingers love Churchill so very much. I guess if you want to pick someone on the winning side of WWII, Stalin and Roosevelt rule themselves out, so who else. 

I remember the fuss when Obama moved that bust of Churchill that was in the Oval Office. The drama!

Good (long) article here on the Democrats failure to address real issues, through being so fixated on the Russiagate stuff despite the absence of hard evidence.

...We can gauge the corrosive impact of the Democrats’ fixation on Russia by asking what they aren’t talking about when they talk about Russian hacking. For a start, they aren’t talking about interference of other sorts in the election, such as the Republican Party’s many means of disenfranchising minority voters. Nor are they talking about the trillion dollar defence budget that pre-empts the possibility of single-payer healthcare and other urgently needed social programmes; nor about the modernisation of the American nuclear arsenal which Obama began and Trump plans to accelerate, and which raises the risk of the ultimate environmental calamity, nuclear war – a threat made more serious than it has been in decades by America’s combative stance towards Russia. The prospect of impeaching Trump and removing him from office by convicting him of collusion with Russia has created an atmosphere of almost giddy anticipation among leading Democrats, allowing them to forget that the rest of the Republican Party is composed of many politicians far more skilful in Washington’s ways than their president will ever be...

• Like 1

He's been an open, and incredibly vocal climate change denier for years, it's one of the few issues he doesn't seem to have flip-flopped on, so it shouldn't be news to anyone. Tens of millions of **** decided that they didn't care. He's loud, fat, stupid and seems to take pride in his ignorance. And that's something that 50 odd million people decided was a good fit for their vacant leader position. Good job, 'murica.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He's been an open, and incredibly vocal climate change denier for years, it's one of the few issues he doesn't seem to have flip-flopped on, so it shouldn't be news to anyone. Tens of millions of **** decided that they didn't care. He's loud, fat, stupid and seems to take pride in his ignorance. And that's something that 50 odd million people decided was a good fit for their vacant leader position. Good job, 'murica.

I think it’s the fact he has confused the weather with the climate that’s got everyone facepalming. They aren’t the same thing.

57 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The saviour of the skies is amongst us!

In 2017 I was very strict about meteors striking the earth.

Good news - last year there was not even a single report of a fatal meteor strike anywhere GLOBALLY!

You are welcome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â