U.S. Politics

maqroll

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

http://politicot.com/paul-ryan-22-million-americans-choose-poor-problem-cant-afford-healthy/

Paul Ryan. White, middle class man from Wisconsin talks about poor people. There are no words to counter this kind of ignorance, and he leads the house of representatives.

The Ayn Rand cult is a real thing.

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

http://politicot.com/paul-ryan-22-million-americans-choose-poor-problem-cant-afford-healthy/

Paul Ryan. White, middle class man from Wisconsin talks about poor people. There are no words to counter this kind of ignorance, and he leads the house of representatives.

I'm pretty sure this is fake. Ryan is an arse, but he isn't stupid enough to articulate that message. Also politico is a well known news site, but this came from politicot which is I believe a satire site. 

Edited by Straggler
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

I'm pretty sure this is fake. Ryan is an arse, but he isn't stupid enough to articulate that message. Also politico is a well known news site, but this came from politicot which is I believe a satire site. 

I have seen a part of the interview quoted and he said the first bit:

“What they are basically saying at the Congressional Budget Office, if you’re not going to force people to buy Obamacare, if you’re not going to force people to buy something they don’t want, then they won’t buy it,” the Speaker opined. “So, it’s not that people are getting pushed off a plan, it’s that people will choose not to buy something that they don’t like or want.”

But I've never seen the rest of it shown or quoted anywhere else. 

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I have seen a part of the interview quoted and he said the first bit:

“What they are basically saying at the Congressional Budget Office, if you’re not going to force people to buy Obamacare, if you’re not going to force people to buy something they don’t want, then they won’t buy it,” the Speaker opined. “So, it’s not that people are getting pushed off a plan, it’s that people will choose not to buy something that they don’t like or want.”

But I've never seen the rest of it shown or quoted anywhere else. 

Yes, he definitely said that part, but I do think the rest of it must be made up. 

However, that quote is dumb enough in itself. Nobody wants to buy health insurance of any kind, it's not a purchase you make because you're excited about it. 

The 'Gigantic British Moon at Trump on his State Visit' group on Facebook has been put on high alert.

Rumour mill reckons that Trump may attempt a quickie UK visit this week to catch protesters out.

8 hours ago, Straggler said:

Many apologies to everyone for posting in that case. I was truly had by that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Many apologies to everyone for posting in that case. I was truly had by that one.

Fake News!

giphy.gif?fit=670,1000&ssl=1

• Like 3

On 02/07/2017 at 19:57, Chindie said:

They'll find out just how powerful the state is too very quickly afterwards.

And then the state will find out how powerful it's corporate rulers are shortly after that.

I still believe that the whole point of the Trump Presidency is to weaken belief in 'the state' as an actor - it's an evolution of the US's continued transfer to corporate control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

And then the state will find out how powerful it's corporate rulers are shortly after that.

I still believe that the whole point of the Trump Presidency is to weaken belief in 'the state' as an actor - it's an evolution of the US's continued transfer to corporate control.

The state kinda has a monopoly on violence, because of how much further it's violent capacity extends beyond anything else. Nestlé doesn't have nukes. Mondelez doesn't have hundreds of thousands of troops. The corporations have power, but the state can chose to do more or less what it likes, even to a suicidal degree, because they can chose to ignore money for quite a while and can use methods that none can touch. Even the arms manufacturers can't prevent that. If the corporations want to, they can make life difficult. If the state wants to, it can make life end.

Trump is no conspiracy to hand more power to the corporations. He's a moron heading a right wing party that stumbled on a winning hand and a few more clever people know how to manipulate the hand they've got in the new game. Those same people would figure the best way to play the game if Hillary were to have won instead.

Edited by Chindie

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

The state kinda has a monopoly on violence, because of how much further it's violent capacity extends beyond anything else. Nestlé doesn't have nukes. Mondelez doesn't have hundreds of thousands of troops. The corporations have power, but the state can chose to do more or less what it likes.

There's where I disagree - the state has monopoly on violence, but in the US especially, the corporate has a monopoly on choice.

Yup, and it's allegedly a 15 year old kid who has been dragged into the light somewhat by Trump and then placed front and center in the spotlight by CNN who threatened to out the kid, shameful!

15 hours ago, villakram said:

Yup, and it's allegedly a 15 year old kid who has been dragged into the light somewhat by Trump and then placed front and center in the spotlight by CNN who threatened to out the kid, shameful!

Shameful by the kid for posting racist guff? 

Shameful by the US president for retweeting rubbish found on Reddit? 

Shameful by CNN for tracking the source and threatening to out him?

Or all of the above?

18 hours ago, villakram said:

Total and complete nonsense.

He's a middle aged man.

Who has posted awful, awful things on Reddit such as eradicating certain races.

You're spouting literal fake news that was spread by none other than, Donald Trump jr.

• Like 1

It's wonderful how commenting on how rubbish a "news" organization CNN are, is somehow an endorsement of Donald Trump. How about you tell us something useful, e.g., about the ass kissing session that just took place in Warsaw?

I was simply reporting what had initially been discovered early yesterday morning when this was breaking, so yes there may be an error regarding the identity. Sure a 15yr old reads better than an adult. I'm not sure if the person has been identified, but that shouldn't matter. There is a principle in play here, that is more important than the US president essentially trolling a "news" organization. 

The shameful thing is an international corporation and their employees publicly threatening a private citizen in a manner consistent with the "Dox" internet enabled issue.  Please have a read of the link below and try to leave your biases to the side for just a moment.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/assange-accuses-cnn-of-committing-crime-with-trump-wrestling-story-he-might-be-right/

"Taking a look at the elements of the statute itself, New York Penal Law § 135.60 says that a person is guilty of coercion in the second degree if he:..."

Are you OK with corporations having such power? 

Are you ok with your ability to generate memes for your and our amusement being held to the "I'm offended" standard of a corporation? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

Trump's speech in Warsaw would appear to be a dagger in the heart of a liberal west if not a liberal anywhere. Piece of shit.

Really depraved stuff. White supremacists will be overjoyed with it.

Â