U.S. Politics

maqroll

10 minutes ago, choffer said:

Like the majority of things that come out of his mouth, he didn't believe that for a minute. It was just expedient for him to pretend he did.

With respect, I disagree. Events of the last week show that if someone he trusts says something, he'll believe it without querying it. It's all about what the last person told him. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

With respect, I disagree. Events of the last week show that if someone he trusts says something, he'll believe it without querying it. It's all about what the last person told him. 

Since when did he trust the media? I can't keep up.... :)

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

What happens if Milo is sacked by Breitbart as could very well happen. Do they become fake news to the alt-right too :crylaugh: 

Bad week for Milo, he's already lost a book deal and a keynote speech. Losing his day job would score the trifecta. Here's to hope.

• Like 1

What's all this doing for FOX's subscriber numbers?

Surely at some point, being attached to this nutcase has to be hurting their reputation (such as it is).

Also, seeing as how FOX and SKY are essentially the same company, has SKY's editorial line on Trump been similarly generous (albeit in a more subtle way)?

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Surely at some point, being attached to this nutcase has to be hurting their reputation (such as it is).

Also, seeing as how FOX and SKY are essentially the same company, has SKY's editorial line on Trump been similarly generous (albeit in a more subtle way)?

Fox got on fine as the not in any way at all whatsoever, how dare you say that sir, racist network when the last fella was in charge. There is no hope.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sky News is far more balanced, i.e. think he's a nutcase like the rest of us.  Nothing like Fox News would be allowed to exist in the UK.  

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Don't FOX own SKY news?

21st Century Fox own the controlling stake in Sky Plc which owns Sky News from what I can see.

As far as editorial influence, I'm probably with Sharky there - I don't see that much of it.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Don't FOX own SKY news?

Murdoch owns 40% of Sky but it's forbidden for news to be biased on TV or radio, unlike in the newspapers.  You do get accusations of bias whether it's Sky, the Beeb, Channel 4, ITV but in general it's pretty even-handed.  Regarding Trump, you'd basically need to be a propaganda machine to put a positive spin on his presidency, I assume most of the right wing media around the world largely think he's a moron.

Fox isn't quite as pro Trump as you'd expect. They're less critical than the other stations but they still have criticised him - as mentioned before one of their flagship shows had a 10 minute segment the other day railing against Trump's constant lying.

About the only truly fully on board outlets are Breitbart and 'Infowars', which tells you everything you need to know.

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'd heard of him but never seen him "in action" until the the Bill Maher thing at the weekend.

What an utterly contemptible bell end.  I've never really hated anyone in my life.  I don't have the energy for it, and it's not really part of my moral structure.  But right now he's on a list of 4 or 5 people who I genuinely hate.

I'm pretty even-minded, and can see things from other peoples' point of view - sometimes to my own detriment.  But in the case of far right wing racism, sexism, xenophobia etc I just genuinely cannot get my head around it.  I can't fathom how someone can hold those views and not just be either trolling or taking the piss.

He was exceptionally tame in Maher's show.

Read up on him if you want to raise your blood pressure.

He's Katie Hopkins, but with less scruples, and more sincere.

There's a nasty subset of people that share similar views.

Â