U.S. Politics

maqroll

So Trumps speech in a nutshell, MAKE MURICA GREAT AGAIN (We don't care about anyone else)

Felt kind of sorry for the guy he really tried with the speech but only 5 out of 9000 people applauded him

Edited by AshVilla

23 minutes ago, snowychap said:

The wealth of the middle classes has been ripped from them and distributed around the world.

I can't help but feel that when Trump said this, he only considers one half of the statement to be a problem.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, andym said:

So that's another member of the 'rich elite' appointed, and one who inherited his billions, so it's not like he's had to work his way up from nothing.

There were people being interviewed on R5 this morning (in the UK) and more than one seemed to think that electing Trump was good because he had showed that he could build a successful business.

It seems the fact that he inherited his wealth, and has managed to make that vast fortune smaller than if he had put it in an account and watched the interest rolling in, has not been widely shared.

I wonder how many people really give him credit for his supposed business acumen, even without considering how that might possibly read across to running a country where the task is to build a nation and develop collaborative working relationships rather than stiff the other side?

• Like 1

http://www.hewillnotdivide.us

Commencing at 9am on January 20, 2017, the day of the inauguration of the 45th President of the United States, the public is invited to deliver the words "HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US" into a camera mounted on a wall outside the Museum of the Moving Image, New York, repeating the phrase as many times, and for as long as they wish.

(Shia LaBeouf is one of my favourite humans)

Â