What's the album that is the constant in your life?

Hurdy

I have gotta say two albums but for these two I think it is acceptable

the beatles - revolver

61QsPmSOO9L._AA160_.jpg

the beatles - rubber soul

51FDcTdBBFL._AA160_.jpg

Both get a listen to at least a few times a month I would say, been massive on the beatles since I was about 13 years old (27 now) and pretty much all of their stuff gets put on frequently

(mooney I have to say with the beatles was my 3rd choice, I remember how gutted I was when the tape I had of that album got chewed up after I absolutely battered it in my walkman)

also have to mention

queen a day a the races

51661TsE%2BcL._AA160_.jpg

Rory Gallagher live in europe

51eJYwPa3GL._AA160_.jpg

bob dylan the freewheelin

51FK9MM3etL._AA160_.jpg

small faces ogdens nut gone flake

61cz9MStVqL._AA160_.jpg

over the last 10 years they are a pretty safe bet for the most listened to albums

• Like 1

For a 27 year old you seem pretty much to be, er... me.

I'm not crazy about the Queen album (I stopped at "A Night at the Opera"), but the Rory, Dylan and Small Faces albums are all big favourites.

The only difference is that I bought them when they came out! :)

For a 27 year old you seem pretty much to be, er... me.

I'm not crazy about the Queen album (I stopped at "A Night at the Opera"), but the Rory, Dylan and Small Faces albums are all big favourites.

The only difference is that I bought them when they came out! :)

Yeah I think i was born a fair few decades late.

im 28, Oasis WTSMG just about pips stereophonics performance and cocktails

but thats only because they are older, im with shillzz, WPSIATWIN is also constantly on in my house

Nearly went for Definitely Maybe, and it would have been the clear winner 3 or 4 years ago, but I don't seem to listen to it much these days.

I'm not old enough for this thread.

Although 'London Calling' has been an album that has never been far from me, so too Bob Marley's 'Exodus'. I remember the crackling vinyl played in the house when I was a nipper, and I listen to them often and can't see it changing any time soon.

I'll be back in 30 years to give a better answer.

So Im 25 and had a genuine appreciation for music for id say about 11 of those years, and the album that has been with me is The Jam -Snap

The+jam+-+Snap!-1983.jpg

Now I know its a greatest hits album but my dad had this and played it all the time when I was young, and as i grew up I had mod mates who loved it and whenever I hear funeral pyre, town called malice, thats entertainment, absolute beginners, Down in the tube station or start I get a crazy adrenaline type rush of memories and emotions. So many moments tied up with this album

No idea. Oldest in span wise technicallyis Space-Spiders which i enjoy for nostalgia nineties moments. Otherwise i have loads of faves but none has ever made me go woah. I have a few albums i occasionally have on loop though, like pink floyds animals and a couple of others i forget. Warren Zevon gets repeated wear but couldnt cite an album beyond a compilation version.

Well, I don't listen to it so much but there's one album I couldn't be without....Hasten Down the Wind, Linda Ronstadt

10398_large.jpg

I've got that...it's all about the pokies really :o)

Better than Pet Sounds, Rob?

I still don't really get all the critical love for "POB". I mean it's quite pleasant, but it sounds like a million other 70s west coast albums if I'm honest.

For me yes, better.

The 2008 reissue with Bambu was infintely superior though...some fantastic stuff that had been hidden away for 31 years

The 2008 reissue with Bambu was infintely superior though...some fantastic stuff that had been hidden away for 31 years

Actually I thought the Bambu disc was much better than the main album.

Â