What's the album that is the constant in your life?

Hurdy

I'm 53.

Seen and heard a lot of artists, bands and listened to lots of music in my time,

I have phases, like everybody, of listening to particular artists and new bands - current faves are Of Monsters and Men and Neil Young.

But the one album that is a constant in my life is Disintegration by The Cure.

Just thought I'd share.

One album? ONE album?? Hell fire, that's a tough one.

It might just be the one that is my avatar - Jackson Browne's "Late for the Sky".

The other contenders would be:

The Who - "Who's Next"

John Stewart - "California Bloodlines"

Van Morrison - "Astral Weeks"

Derek and the Dominos - "Layla"

Bob Dylan - "Highway 61 Revisited"

Don't think I could choose one, but that lot are a pretty safe top six, over a 58 year period.

EDIT: Observe that there's nothing more recent than 1974 in that list - but I stand by it. Nothing recorded since then has come within a million miles of those albums for me.

Bickster will be gratified there's no Beatles in there, but I regard them as being a "given" (like the Bible and complete works of Shakespeare on Desert Island Discs).

Cue 'oh I couldn't pick one' followed by a list of several. I see Moon Man has already done it :)

I'm 35. My one constant would be Throwing Copper by Live. Just superb.

60160787.jpg

Cue 'oh I couldn't pick one' followed by a list of several. I see Moon Man has already done it :)

Well, OK. If it's the album I've played the most times, or over the longest period, then I'm afraid it IS The Beatles:

41DjG69tLrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's just that I don't play it very often these days (don't need to, it's in my head). Whereas the six listed above, DO still get reasonably regular run-outs.

Well, OK. If it's the album I've played the most times, or over the longest period, then I'm afraid it IS The Beatles:

I've absolutely no problem with the Beatles. Can't say the same for all the mods though :P

Better than Pet Sounds, Rob?

I still don't really get all the critical love for "POB". I mean it's quite pleasant, but it sounds like a million other 70s west coast albums if I'm honest.

Â