What's the album that is the constant in your life?

Hurdy

Well, I don't listen to it so much but there's one album I couldn't be without....Hasten Down the Wind, Linda Ronstadt

10398_large.jpg

The last Ronstadt album in my collection. Nice (and a great cover!), but not a patch on

Linda+Ronstadt+Prisoner+in+Disguise1.JPG

or

35493949.jpg

Revolver would be high up in my most played list but I think the accolade goes to

The Crossing - Big Country

I went off it for a little while as it had started to sound a little dated/ my taste had changed a little but as it was 30 years old last year It went back on the play list and really its just an epic album , It's worthy of a lot more acclaim than its given

I used to bully a guy in school. We were friends, in my head, but I'd spend my days taking the piss out of him. I guess that's what friends were in secondary school. Anyway, I'd make fun of everything out of the norm that he would do. He wore jeans. I'd slag him about it. Then I'd start wearing jeans. He'd try to excel at school and I'd take the piss and then try to beat him. One day he was saying he listened to the Chilis and Nirvana. I called him a mosher. He burned Californication and Never Mind for me. I went home and listened to Californication and loved it. Thought Nirvana was too heavy and told him it was shit. He recommended Smells like teen spirit to me as a good introduction. I remember going into my father's room, putting it on his marantz cd player and just going mental. Good times.

So those would be the albums I'd consider the most significant of my life, as I'm probably just slightly too young for this thread.

And this one I've been listening to pretty consistently for more than 1/3 of my life

63777341ff8fddc3f4a1705d8bbb748b_full.jpg

Axis Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix Experience

Can't understand why the critics always go for Electric Ladyland, it's nowhere near as good as Axis (or Are You Experienced for that matter).

Funnily enough, I've been having that very debate this week with other Hendrix fans. Most of them agree with you. But - while I agree that Axis is brilliant - I personally prefer Ladyland.

Right, I've decided I must conform to the rules of the thread and pick one from my list. "With The Beatles" was the first, but the one I've played the most since I was eighteen, and still play today, is... Who's Next.

the-who-whos-next-cover.jpg

• Like 1

Aquarius is just a brilliant, brilliant tune.

The whole thing is brilliant man.

Christ yes.

I listen to the thing at least once a week. No matter what type of phase I'm in (right now I'm in a shoegaze phase, thanks for Ringo Deathstarr and Working for a Nuclear Free City btw...your mixtape ruled!).

Â