What's the album that is the constant in your life?

Hurdy

I'm struggling to just pick one. I go through phases.

Pretty much this, to be honest. There's a batch of about 10-12 albums that I will always be listening to, but I can go about 6 months without having to listen to.

Tales from Topographic Oceans, by Yes. Got it Christmas 1976 and there is rarely a month goes by I haven't listened to it, at least in part.

Statistically you would expect Dark Side of the Moon to have cropped up by now, seeing as pretty much everyone over thirty has it - odd that.

Second for me would be Astral Weeks, Van Morrison, masterpeice - but unlike TFTO I can only listen to it in the Spring and Summer !

ANd have to agree with the guy who recommended Aerial for the guy who can't 'get' Kate Bush - especially the second disc which is superb.

Statistically you would expect Dark Side of the Moon to have cropped up by now, seeing as pretty much everyone over thirty has it - odd that.

And I have to agree with the guy who recommended Aerial for the guy who can't 'get' Kate Bush - especially the second disc which is superb.

Good point - DSotM and a couple fo other Albums too ae just so familair, like a favourite pair of shoes or old leather jacket that I kind of overlooked them. Ocean Rain, say, or Sumday by Grandaddy, or Walking In the Shadow of the Big Man by Guadalcanal Diary, or Closer by joy DIvision, Hail to the Thief - Radiohead, Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads, Bizarro by the Weddoes - there's loads like that. Just so familiar that you know every word and chord, almost.

I haven't got that one and I don't particularly like it.

I do have most other Floyd albums though

• Like 1

I've not even heard it yet alone own it ... for my shame when I read DSOtheMI confused it with the meatloaf album (bat out of hell ) another album I've never heard

by heard I mean in it's entirety , I have of course heard one or two songs from both albums on the radio

DSotM was the the album that put me off the Floyd, loved them up until then, but didn't much like anything they did after Meddle. I particularly dislike The Wall.

Oh No - Mike :( , I guess our musical tastes have to vary sometimes! I agreed with you about Queen albums after Night at the Opera yesterday but I love DSOTM and I love The Wall too - although I admit that parts of The Wall are a bit weird - but Comfortably Numb is a classic to me. As for the Beatles, I quite like "With the Beatles" but Help and Rubber Soul have to be my favourites of theirs. Oh well, we can't have all our musical tastes matching, can we.

• 1 month later...

Cant do it. cant just get 1 album!!!! can do 1 list though :)

Stone Roses - Stone Roses

Pearl Jam - Ten

Black Crowes - Amorica

Floyd - WYWH and Meddle

Alice in Chains - Unplugged

Portishead - Dummy

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand the Weather

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Easy Star all Stars - Dub Side of the Moon

so many more great albums to list but I wouldn't wanna live without any of them really.

I reckon the one album that I keep returning too is the first Queen LP and i didn't even own it until a few years back, I always borrowed my elder brothers vinyl copy.

Still struggle to see how a band that could record stuff like Liar and Keep Yourself Alive can produce utter dross like Fat Bottomed Girls!

Â