Coventry City

maqroll

If I was a Coventry fan I wouldn't mind one bit if they got promoted and didn't spend a penny on players and instead spent every penny of it on a new stadium instead. 

They're going to get relegated regardless if they come up, their own, owned stadium would be significantly more important to the future of the club. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I was a Coventry fan I wouldn't mind one bit if they got promoted and didn't spend a penny on players and instead spent every penny of it on a new stadium instead. 

They're going to get relegated regardless if they come up, their own, owned stadium would be significantly more important to the future of the club. 

Best option surely to buy back the stadium they use? Get the club back to owning the ground they play in. Use the PL money to buy it off the council and Mike Ashley who currently own it, I think, between them. Is it the council own the land and Ashley owns the stadium? Something like that.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Best option surely to buy back the stadium they use? Get the club back to owning the ground they play in. Use the PL money to buy it off the council and Mike Ashley who currently own it, I think, between them. Is it the council own the land and Ashley owns the stadium? Something like that.

Well yes if possible. Ashley has bought it for a reason though, doubt he's going to sell it on again for anything less than an enormous profit. New stadium might be cheaper. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well yes if possible. Ashley has bought it for a reason though, doubt he's going to sell it on again for anything less than an enormous profit. New stadium might be cheaper. 

He paid peanuts. It’d be cheaper to buy it, even with him getting a big profit, than to build even one stand, let alone a whole ground.

Suprised no one has tapped up robins. He is too good for that club. He is should be at a  bigger club he has done a remarkable job there.

Leicester could do alot worse than looking at him for the job if they go down and Coventry dont come up

I joined the Army in 96 as a 17yr old kid. At the the time Coventry we’re just a team up the road who I had no really animosity towards, I didn’t see a rivalry. 

But I was with a few Coventry boys in training and honestly they fecking hated us. It was was Villa blues levels of hatred that come as a massive surprise to me. 

Since then, feck em, I wouldn’t she’d a tear if they went bust. 

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

I joined the Army in 96 as a 17yr old kid. At the the time Coventry we’re just a team up the road who I had no really animosity towards, I didn’t see a rivalry. 

But I was with a few Coventry boys in training and honestly they fecking hated us. It was was Villa blues levels of hatred that come as a massive surprise to me. 

Since then, feck em, I wouldn’t she’d a tear if they went bust. 

This for me. SHA are the spunk stains and Coventry are the skid marks you’d find in a tramps y fronts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You have to say it's a great chance for Covvo to get back in the PL needing to play Luton. 

Unfortunately for them Nakamba will crush them with his little finger though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

whilst the idea of beating them is just lovely, there's obviously that slim chance they get a result. it would be their cup final and they'd be massively up for it

Just as the Prem is about to get rid of a Midlands team, who nobody gives a shit about despite them being desperate for a rival, along come Coventry.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

whilst the idea of beating them is just lovely, there's obviously that slim chance they get a result. it would be their cup final and they'd be massively up for it

They used put 10 men behind the ball at VP and play for a 0-0. 

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, they did that the day of the Fergie time Bruce game v Sheff Weds. We dropped 2 points and United blagged all 3 and never looked back.

Â