Coventry City

maqroll

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

whilst the idea of beating them is just lovely, there's obviously that slim chance they get a result. it would be their cup final and they'd be massively up for it

The name John Aloisi is etched into my football soul.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Calum O'Hare still at Coventry? 

Did his ACL in late December. Under contract until the end of the 2024 season so could feature in the Prem if they go up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Just as the Prem is about to get rid of a Midlands team, who nobody gives a shit about despite them being desperate for a rival, along come Coventry.

Leeds are considered Midlands now?

Walking to a Wasps game one week, past the Novatel, someone had dumped two old fridges by the Welcome To Coventry sign. To this day I still kick myself for not taking a photo of them.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Got a few mates that are cov fans, hope they come up, another local derby and 6 points for us 😀

We thought that about playing Wolves...... 

1 hour ago, blunther said:

Same, just glad to see someone that hasn't been in the top flight for ages, I was hoping for a Cov Luton final.

I know they hate us, but I really don't care about them. They're in the same boat as Leicester to me - can hate us all they want, but I don't care enough about them to reciprocate.

Only hate because of envy anyway.  If people would rather hsve another side from London or the North East in the Premier League that's fine but I don't. 

In the 70s the Midlands was the hotbed of football with villa, Blues, wolves. West brom, Coventry, Leicester. Forest, Derby, Stoke all in the top flight. It was great!

• Like 2

i don't like them one bit! one of my mates is a big cov fan and back when we were relegated into the championship and then again on the verge of going bust under the good dr, they were taking the piss! so i hope they lose the final!

Also the general demeanour of some of their fans, it dosent sit well with me, you have smarmy gits like Richard Keys and Christian Horner who are cov fans in the public eye. Their fans will cause trouble when they play us at the ricoh and villa park, definitely. Plus some of the older villa fans i know spoke of going to highfield road and getting bricks and stuff lobbed at them! Some of my family grew up round the corner from highfield road but i am glad to not be a cov fan 😅

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Wolves came up before us 😉

Still, there are no easy 6 points in the premier league,  i really would no be surprised if Coventry beat us, Brentford came up and we thought that would be an easy 6 points, they will be up for it. You can bet 100% there will be trouble after the game with them.

14 hours ago, YLN said:

In case anyone is feeling masochistically nostalgic.

Just watching this crap, quietly boggling at someone insisting the other day that Haaland would struggle to score against 90s defenders :crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â