Coventry City

maqroll

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I hope they come up it’s been too long . Bit of needle never hurt anyone. 

After one season you wont want them back. They are another blose fc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

After one season you wont want them back. They are another blose fc. 

Nah it’s good to have rivalry . My first away game was at Highfield Road many moons ago. 

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Nah it’s good to have rivalry .

I agree, as long as its from a distance of a division or two 😊

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I hope they come up it’s been too long . Bit of needle never hurt anyone. 

spacer.png

I can assure ya they wouldn't be saying the same. Vermin felchers. 

I personally don’t want these grubby shysters to come up. It was bad enough in the 80s and 90s. They can stay where they are and enjoy their sotv derby twice a year with SHA..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Strog said:

I personally don’t want these grubby shysters to come up. It was bad enough in the 80s and 90s. They can stay where they are and enjoy their sotv derby twice a year with SHA..

Where im at. Gotta say though robins has done a remarkable job there. Suprised a bigger club hasnt picked him up

14 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Had to work in Coventry for a couple of years. The hate they have for villa is bizarre, they treat it like a villa blues game 🤣.

Had the misfortune of talking to one of them at the Killers gig at The Ricoh. When he realised I was Villa he told me to keep walking. They’re a special breed, I doubt anyone that experienced an away day at Highfield Rd will want Poventry promoted.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Had the misfortune of talking to one of them at the Killers gig at The Ricoh. When he realised I was Villa he told me to keep walking. They’re a special breed, I doubt anyone that experienced an away day at Highfield Rd will want Poventry promoted.

Last time I went was a goal after 5 minutes Yorke or fashanu . Most boring game of my life. Only exciting thing was half time cheer leaders and a villa fan ran on the pitch and spink did a penalty shoot out with him taking it in turns on goal 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Two games away from PL

I hope they dont do it personally . They hate us as much as blose. Might as well want cheer for blose back as well if you want them up

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 3

On 01/05/2023 at 21:02, brummybloke said:

Had to work in Coventry for a couple of years. The hate they have for villa is bizarre, they treat it like a villa blues game 🤣.

They hate the fact that we think nothing of them. Won't even accept it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well if they do come up it'll be 6 points to us which will probably match their whole season total.

Exactly the reason I'm not too fussed if they come up - they'll get absolutely battered. Plus, it'll really make SHA jealous 

Clicked the title of the thread and it took me to the very first post.  Apparently I haven't read this thread in any of the 5 years since I joined the site. 

So yeah, can't say I care if they come up or not, I think nothing of them. But reading the views of others here sounds like it would be better if they didn't.

I used to go and watch Wasps at the Ricoh fairly often, and more often than not we'd go to the pubs near the ground for a few hours before hand. Quite often there'd be football on in the pubs, and I always remember being in one of those pubs for the Villa Blues game when Gary Gardner scored a header for us. When we scored they turned the match off. Massively sour grapes. I think they feel they're like the "brother" club of the great unwashed. I really hope they don't come up, we don't need their unhealthy obsession on match day. They'd cause loads of bother.

• Like 4

We got Archer & Ramsey playing for Middlesbrough right now so I think it's an easy decision for who to root for tonight. Personally I wasn't even aware that there was some animosity from Coverntry against Villa until reading this thread haha. Must be from way back n the day or something, because I had to look it up and we haven't played them since 00/01. They're basically a footnote in our competitive history so why even bother?

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Well if they do come up it'll be 6 points to us which will probably match their whole season total.

Did you think that when blose 1st came up? We dont need reminding what happened in those days

I would rather they dont just likw the unwashed blosers.

I remember what it was like in the PL days before they went down it was like a villa-blose derby

• Like 2

I don't want them anywhere near us.

Horrible **** club and their one sided obsession with us is incredibly odd and incredibly toxic.

Vermin felching spunktrumpets.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I don't want them anywhere near us.

Horrible **** club and their one sided obsession with us is incredibly odd and incredibly toxic.

Vermin felching spunktrumpets.

This :clap:

The fact that they hate us is indeed odd but I guess when you live in the arse end of the Midlands then you'd be desperate to cling on to any kind of challenge or rivalry no matter how obtuse.

I am sure they'd miss El Spastico with small heath too much if they did go up anyway. 

Â