West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Can’t wait for them to sign 14 players and be labelled as doing a Fulham! They need major surgery on that squad. I can see them struggling big time in the Premier League as they laboured to promotion in the end too. 

Yes they are very similar to us 12 months ago. A lot of players with contracts ending, some of their players are on loan and will need to be bought or replaced. I don't see the owner splashing anywhere near enough cash to stand a chance of staying up. Will probably have a reasonable start and then go on a long long run without a win and end up 20th

• Like 2

The squad they went down with is far superior to this one. Back then they had Foster and Dawson at the back. I know they're struggling with Watford this season but both have proved capable prem players over last decade. And upfront they had Jay Rodriguez and Rondon who are decent strikers with Robson Kanu getting nowhere near a start.

I'd probably say the squad they had for half of last season with Harvey Barnes and Dwight Gayle was better than the one that went up this season.

When you look back to 17/18 it's incredible to see the meltdown they had, shows what can happen when morale in the squad is poor. They had a slow start under Pulis but you suspect they'd have ground out some 1-0s against rival teams. Instead fans in revolt so they sack him and appoint Pardew which was a total disaster and basically relegated them.

Would probably help them if someone like Cardiff came up as they'd finish rock bottom. Think Brentford are only side in play offs that would have a hope of staying up.

Bilic

“We have a good team, we have breadth, we need quality,” Bilic told Gol.hr. “We have to do something similar to Sheffield United, not like Aston Villa, and definitely not like Norwich who haven’t even tried anything.”

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Bilic

“We have a good team, we have breadth, we need quality,” Bilic told Gol.hr. “We have to do something similar to Sheffield United, not like Aston Villa, and definitely not like Norwich who haven’t even tried anything.”

If they try something similar to Sheffield United then the result will be like that of Norwich. They actually do need to try something like we did or they'll be in big trouble.

On 25/07/2020 at 13:26, VillaChris said:

Think Brentford are only side in play offs that would have a hope of staying up.

I think Fulham would be okay as long as they don’t do a Fulham.  If they do get promoted, they should aim to do something like a Villa instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bilic signings at West Ham:

Payet 10.7m

Pedro Obiang 4.3m

Angelo Ogbonna 8m

Antonio 7m

Sam Byram 4m

Manuel Lanzini 9m

Arthur Makasaku 6m

Andre Ayew 20m

Jose Fonte 8m

Robert Snodgrass 7m

Actually not too bad. Some decent players in thr 10m range. Quite a few of them still at West Ham and Ogbonna and Antonio were two of the best players at WHU this season.

They'll certainly have to find another 3-4 Mattheus Pereria types who I think they signed full time for 8m which is a bargain.

£20m isn't right, surely? 😂

Imagine mixing even half of what we spent last summer (£60m-ish?) with the squad we had when we won the playoffs.

We'd have been mathematically down by the time the season was interrupted.

They'll be down by February if they spend £20m on that squad

Edited by StewieGriffin

Â