West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think next season boro stoke and the welsh clubs along with norwich will be up there

They probably will. I can't really see a 90 point team in that lot though so think automatic will be very wide open.

Bristol City will challenge I think if they finally appoint a decent manager as Johnson held them back a bit last two seasons.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thought Wigan were on 61 points for some reason.

Surely Wigan could just appeal that part of going into admin was no crowds allowed which is out of their control and unforeseen and so it shouldn't be the full 12 points.

You would think this si what they should argue and win.

I think considering the circumstances wigan should only be given a -6 points 

• Like 1

Sheffield Wednesday could still go down yet, only seven points ahead of the bottom three and facing a points deduction themselves, don't think they have any chance of avoiding it either, best they can probably hope for is that it applied next season rather than this one.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

You would think this si what they should argue and win.

I think considering the circumstances wigan should only be given a -6 points 

Their team has been superb in the run in so would be a ridiculously harsh relegation. Has it even been determined whether their mystery owner put them in admin for a bet?

EFL should be investigating themselves and how on earth they allowed the change of ownership to go through.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think wba are so poor. That teams awful. They will be relegated again.

Brentford with the mother of all bottle jobs.  All they had to do was win ONE of the last two games

Didn't even have to do that, two draws would've done the trick although of course they had to win tonight so were pushing men forward last minute.

Stoke defeat caused all the damage.

This is the warning for Sunday anyway. So much crazy s*** happens on the final day.

Edited by VillaChris

The Championship will be so poor next year. All the good teams of the last few years have gone up and/or stayed up. Also WBA will need a huge overhaul if they're going to compete. If they go into next season playing Livermore and Brunt and Barry and all the other geriatrics over there they'll be worse than the season they went down.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think wba are so poor. That teams awful. They will be relegated again.

I said it the other day, the best players they have aren't theres

Its not like they can pulis there way to safety in the prem with that team.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The Championship will be so poor next year. All the good teams of the last few years have gone up and/or stayed up. Also WBA will need a huge overhaul if they're going to compete. If they go into next season playing Livermore and Brunt and Barry and all the other geriatrics over there they'll be worse than the season they went down.

If 40 year old Barry is playing CM for them next year it will be a Derby 2008 type season 

There's usually a team in the championship that does well that nobody was expecting to, this year it's been Brentford, last year it was Norwich and to some extent us and Sheffield United, then in previous seasons Cardiff, Huddersfield and Reading.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't even have to do that, two draws would've done the trick although of course they had to win tonight so were pushing men forward last minute.

Stoke defeat caused all the damage.

This is the warning for Sunday anyway. So much crazy s*** happens on the final day.

Absolutely thats why i hope the swuad were watching as we still haven't finished the job

They've been promoted with the same number of points that we finished with the season we lost to Fulham in the play-off final. We were fourth then, seven points off second place

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Slaven Bilic is a good manager. They play attractive football and have some good players. He will strengthen.

Slaven Bilic is a good motivator, great guy but his management is definitely questionable

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

If 40 year old Barry is playing CM for them next year it will be a Derby 2008 type season 

He's hardly played this year and Brunt was just a bench option. Sawyers and Livermore was their regular midfield two but I doubt that's got enough mobility for premier league.

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

Slaven Bilic is a good manager. They play attractive football and have some good players. He will strengthen.

Its not strengthen though, they need a new one of everything 

Hard to see them doing anything other than "a Villa" 

That squad is way off PL quality, Austin has done very little in the championship they'll have the desperate need for a striker that we got so badly wrong 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That squad is way off PL quality, Austin has done very little in the championship they'll have the desperate need for a striker that we got so badly wrong 

Yup, they really do need to do a Villa and I wonder if their owners are willing to spend every single penny of the TV money and push the boundaries of FFP like ours did.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hal Robson Kanu has been their main starter upfront this season. Last time they went down from the prem he was 3rd choice behind Rondon and Jay Rodriguez. They've also got Kenneth Zahore who's been a massive flop and won't do anything in premier league, they'll probably loan him out.

Bilic will have to work overtime with his croatian connections to get in some decent players. Perhaps they'll go for someone like Kalinic at Roma. I don't rate their defensive options either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yup, they really do need to do a Villa and I wonder if their owners are willing to spend every single penny of the TV money and push the boundaries of FFP like ours did.

I think they have 4 loan players, 6 or 7 out of contract and they've already sold Ferguson 

I'd be amazed if they don't sign 8 to 10 players 

Robson Kanu started 25 games this season 

Â