West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Yeah no doubt they will be the new Stoke City!

Think all they have done is paint the blue stripes red.

Thing is, at stoke he was allowed to carry on doing the same turgid shit that got them up & kept them up,but even the stoke fans after all those years got sick of him

West brom fans, at least the ones I know and whats written about him on westbrom.com are sick of him already because they know under him, 14th is probably the limit and they can forget any sort of flair and panache, how long will he last if those fans start giving him grief?

Edited by Jimzk5

How can we be 8/1 to go down but West Brom 14/1? I know they've got a point more and a game in hand but on current form and fixtures remaining they're probably just as likely to go down as we are.

bookies are not stupid and pretty sure prem betting is -ev (impossible to win money from). Dont try argue with them :P

It seems like the bookies were right again.

Yeah no doubt they will be the new Stoke City!

Think all they have done is paint the blue stripes red.

Thing is, at stoke he was allowed to carry on doing the same turgid shit that got them up & kept them up,but even the stoke fans after all those years got sick of him

West brom fans, at least the ones I know and whats written about him on westbrom.com are sick of him already because they know under him, 14th is probably the limit and they can forget any sort of flair and panache, how long will he last if those fans start giving him grief?

also Peace seems very prudent so be no large transfer fees or wages on players like Crouch, Jones, Palacios etc.

If anything I can see Pulis walking again before start of next season

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a fan of Pulis but he really needs to lighten up away from home.

Safe now, Newcastle a shambles and had a makeshift defence and he leaves Berahino on the bench and plays 5 man midfield.  :rolleyes:

And he wonders why British managers never get big jobs.

West Brom fans don't really have a right to moan at TP's tactics if he keeps them up. Have they forgotten that they're an overachieving, midtable championship club?!

Edited by Arj Guy
  • Like 1

Every fan has the right to complain about the style of football they play.

I don't really understand it though, Pulis has done a fabulous job there with the squad he inherited.

• 1 month later...

West Bromwich Albion have signed Republic of Ireland winger James McClean from Wigan for about £1.5m.

McClean has scored 11 goals in 87 appearances for the Latics and was voted player of the year last season as they were relegated to League One.

He said: "This is a big club and a new chapter for me."

The 26-year-old played for Derry City in Northern Ireland and signed for Sunderland in August 2011, before joining Wigan in August 2013.

McClean has signed a three-year deal with Tony Pulis' side, with the club having 12-month option.

He told the club website:  "I've played in the Premier League before and not only am I back here, but I'm with a stable top-flight club and one that wants to push on.

"Tony Pulis told me what his plans were, where I would fit in. He also told me he has a great dressing room.

"I'm very ambitious. Everything about this move seems right for me - I'm very positive about it."

The Baggies finished 13th in the Premier League last season, nine points above the relegation zone.

"James has had a couple of indifferent years with Wigan but he did well at Sunderland and we're very pleased to have him on board," said Pulis.

"I am absolutely confident that he can fulfil the potential to come back and be a big player for us.

"He's got pace, he's left-footed - so he gives us a good balance in the side - and he can score goals."

Exciting times, let the Pulis revolution begin.

"Tony Pulis told me what his plans were, where I would fit in. He also told me he has a great dressing room.

That must be where he keeps all his caps.

Though I'm not sure why he thinks McLean cares.

Â