The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

Horrible little club, hope they **** off into the depths of lower league football.

If the football league has any balls, they'll be in the conference next season

200k fine then? Bet they wont get one.

The premier league will fine them and they just won't pay it because they won't be in the league next season. They've got a record of it, after all

BBC: "A good natured pitch invasion followed as QPR - in their final game at Loftus Road for at least a season - won their first home game in 10"

Sportsnet (with live pictures): "QPR fans have made their way down the pitch to confront Newcastle fans. We've had it confirmed the two sets of fans are throwing bottles at each other."

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if they've taken the reaction from Villa fans into account for all future pitch invasions. Far easier just to not condemn it.

Ramsey on a 3 year deal. Classic Fernandes, he is probably on about 100k a week

I think the opposite tbh, Ramsey is the cheap option who will be happy to work with tight resources which they will need to balance the books. No manager with ambition will go to qpr any time soon. We wont see that back in the prem for a good while yet

Say they sell the few assets they have, Austin? Who else really? They'll get a few off the wage bill Barton, SWP, Rio. I mean what's the next stage of the plan? 

Ramsey on a 3 year deal. Classic Fernandes, he is probably on about 100k a week

I think the opposite tbh, Ramsey is the cheap option who will be happy to work with tight resources which they will need to balance the books. No manager with ambition will go to qpr any time soon. We wont see that back in the prem for a good while yet

Yes that is what happened. If QPR finances were in check they'd have gone for Mark Warburton I reckon.

QPR will play plenty of youth next season, look at their bench v Newcastle at the weekend. Might check their relegation odds to league one over the summer, it happened to Wolves.

• 1 month later...

Taarabt had some pretty interesting comments about QPR and Harry Rednapp.

Adel Taarabt, who joined Benfica ahead of the upcoming season, gave an interview to the English newspaper "The Sun", where he made some less than pleasant remarks regarding his ex-manager at Queens Park Rangers, Harry Redknapp.

"He doesn't have the passion for the game that people think he does. He's not a bad person, but he's a terrible coach, in my opinion" said the 26 year-old Moroccan.
And to justify this statement, Taarabt recollects a talk he had with the British manager. "When I joined the pre-season I told him to his face that the team was going down. And he said he agreed with me".
The Moroccan international spent five seasons at the London club and has no problem with revealing that not everyone was committed to QPR's goals.
"Half of the players at Queens Park Rangers didn't care about the club, all they cared about was money. I had one of the highest salaries but I cared, because I love football."

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/29/2015 at 20:13, VillaChris said:

So predictably the FFP fine has gone very quiet from the football league...

Still nothing on that....Cardiff got a transfer embargo the other day yet nothing on QPR despite talk of 50m fines and relegation to the conference when they went down.

Anyway said it on the transfer spec thread but they could've sold Austin for 15m no problem in the summer....now selling him for 4m and they're stuck in mid table in the championship with no prospect of promotion.

Fernandes giving Lerner a run here.

Â