The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

The worst thing that happened to them was coming straight back up although that saved them from the FFP fine that will now be implemented so that will be interesting in how it will impact on them.

I think it will destroy them.

Portsmouth, Southampton and QPR, three clubs in the past 10 years who have run into difficulty after he left. Granted, there were a lot of problems at Southampton before he took charge.

The worst thing that happened to them was coming straight back up although that saved them from the FFP fine that will now be implemented so that will be interesting in how it will impact on them.

The worst thing was employ Harry. He is exactly the kind of personality that club didn't need. With a naive owner he and his smash and grab crew have left them well and truly in the shit and didn't even have the class to stay to the end of the season. Someone like a Pulis, Bruce etc might not have excited the fan base but they would have looked at building a squad for the long term good.

Even if QPR had survived this season they'd still be financially **** in the summer as they'd never survive next year without another massive overhaul.

Edited by Genie

The worst thing was employ Harry. He is exactly the kind of personality that club didn't need. With a naive owner he and his smash and grab crew have left them well and truly in the shit and didn't even have the class to stay to the end of the season. Someone like a Pulis, Bruce etc might not have excited the fan vase but they would have looked at building a squad for the long term good.

Even if QPR had survived this season they'd still be financially **** in the summer as they'd never survive next year without another massive overhaul.

Dare I say it, but Sherwood would have been perfect for them. He obviously saw a club which was too far in the shit to even consider taking over.

• Like 1

The worst thing was employ Harry. He is exactly the kind of personality that club didn't need. With a naive owner he and his smash and grab crew have left them well and truly in the shit and didn't even have the class to stay to the end of the season. Someone like a Pulis, Bruce etc might not have excited the fan vase but they would have looked at building a squad for the long term good.

Dare I say it, but Sherwood would have been perfect for them. He obviously saw a club which was too far in the shit to even consider taking over.

I heard it came down to money, think they were offering £1m a year deal and he wanted £2m... looks cheap now doesn't it!
  • Like 1

I heard it came down to money, think they were offering £1m a year deal and he wanted £2m... looks cheap now doesn't it!

It certainly does! Thank god for that!

They didn't deserve promotion, the play off final was a joke.

That game also summed up the implusive nature of Fernandes's decision since he took charge.

Bobby Zamora, 32, a crock, nowhere near good enough for the premier league anymore over a 38 game season is out of contract so the logic decision would be to get rid and get in a younger striker.

Scores the winner and Fernandes immediately gives him a new deal the next day. And they wonder why they go down.

The fine (which could be as much as £58million) will show just how serious the football league are with finances, the debt has been largely wiped out by that gobshite Fernandes by converting the debt into shareholder loans and writing if off, now hd is asking how can the club be fined when they are largely debt free.

They didn't deserve promotion, the play off final was a joke.

That game also summed up the implusive nature of Fernandes's decision since he took charge.

Bobby Zamora, 32, a crock, nowhere near good enough for the premier league anymore over a 38 game season is out of contract so the logic decision would be to get rid and get in a younger striker.

Scores the winner and Fernandes immediately gives him a new deal the next day. And they wonder why they go down.

Everybody could see Rio was finished at Premiership level. I'd hate to see how much he cost them and he was liability every time he played. Chairman wanted a marque signing though.

This is why I said he needed a better manager to tell him when he was being a bit of a fool. Harry certainly was not the person to tell the owner to save his money.

I imagine Ferdinand was an Harry signing. Fernandes for me is jsut to blame than Redknapp. The guy is a clown when it comes to finances that Im still shocked how he is worth so much

He really took a complete nosedive didn't he? John Terry who's older than him is still putting in top class performances week in week out.

From what I can tell JT is still 100% (maybe 99% ;D) focused on football. Rio was launching all kinds of post playing business ventures, punditry, Twitter etc.

but Ferdinand also played a lot longer which wears and tears on the body, he had bad injuries at United near the end

and terry is 2 years younger than Ferdinand ;)

but Ferdinand also played a lot longer which wears and tears on the body, he had bad injuries at United near the end

and terry is 2 years younger than Ferdinand ;)

Didn't realize Rio was turning 37, damn. Time really flies. In my defence though, Terry does look at least 10 years older than him :P

Am I thinking of something else or have QPR got a huge fine (ffp I think) awaiting them when they go down?

Yes, that's right, I seem to remener £40m being banded about. Gotta feel for Harry, always seems to fund* himself at clubs where they don't manage their finances properly.

Bloody hell, the full cost of this relegation could ruin them then.

Kind of feel sorry for their chairman who had ideas of grandeur and trusted his manager's a little to much.

That story rings a bell ☺

Â