January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

We really do miss Stan. We miss his quality, his experience and his leadership. I honestly believe that if he were playing for us this season we'd be doing a lot better than we are.

Of course his health is all that matters at the moment but yeah, we really miss him.

Can i just ask why you'd prefer Guidetti? I'm not Welbeck's biggest fan but he's a Premier League player and an England international? I know Guidetti did well in Holland but so did Alfonso Alves and he was garbage over here lol.

First of all im talking about loaning Guidetti, If Bent goes. Let's say Guidettis on 40k max and the useless tit that misses 2 sitters against bradford is on 75-90k, then i know who id rather us have on the bench. ( of course im aware villa need Mids & Defenders )

Right i would loan Guidetti rather than Welbeck because Guidetti is 2 years younger, so im guessing hes on lower wages, also for these reasons: Guidetti has a better Goals to Games ratio, He is an ex-teammate of Vlaar & KEA ,and lastly Welbecks form lately has been shyt for united so i think theyve started playing him LW.

I'd love to know how many names you have reeled off this window.

Go on, build your ideal XI. ; )

Haha ok then..... I don't really care if i get shit on for having a shred of hope that we can sign some good players....

-----------Guzan

----Douglas---Vlaar

Lowton----------------Aaron Cresswell

----Diame

---------------Westwood

-----Stephens

Gouffran------N'zogbia/Weimann

-----------Benteke

That's pretty damn affordable and realistic..... What's so wrong about that?

Also sorry I thought this was a Transfer TALK thread....... Thought the whole point of this was to speculate on who we could get!!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Haha ok then..... I don't really care if i get shit on for having a shred of hope that we can sign some good players....

-----------Guzan

----Douglas---Vlaar

Lowton----------------Aaron Cresswell

----Diame

---------------Westwood

-----Stephens

Gouffran------N'zogbia/Weimann

-----------Benteke

That's pretty damn affordable and realistic..... What's so wrong about that?

Also sorry I thought this was a Transfer TALK thread....... Thought the whole point of this was to speculate on who we could get!!

Hope is good mate......But a lot of the time it will lead to disappointment. But we can all dream.

And it was a joke. You know, haha. Hense the smiley.

Edited by diehardvillan

Hope is good mate......But a lot of the time it will lead to disappointment. But we can all dream.

Indeed we have all been disappointed many times by the board and ex managers, etc.... But if we don't hope then we may as well pack up and go home...

And fair play if it was a joke.... I could see me being ridiculed fairly if i was saying sign players like Gundogan, Gotze, Reus etc.. =P If I did that I would fully accept that I was on Crack and needed sectioning!!

(Edit.... Tbh I accept I probably need sectioning....) =D

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Guys, not sure if anybody has said it yet or not, but, I think we need to sign a CB and a DM of some sort.

Just a small observation that I have come to realise in recent weeks.

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Indeed we have all been disappointed many times by the board and ex managers, etc.... But if we don't hope then we may as well pack up and go home...

And fair play if it was a joke.... I could see me being ridiculed fairly if i was saying sign players like Gundogan, Gotze, Reus etc.. =P If I did that I would fully accept that I was on Crack and needed sectioning!!

(Edit.... Tbh I accept I probably need sectioning....) =D

the funny part is if we were ever to sign them calibre of players, people would still moan. no premier league experience, how would they handle a november night in stoke :P

To be fair, a lot of your names have been realistic. But this is Lerner remember.

I am beginning to think Lambert has received some broken promises from when he first signed up with us. Who knows. Maybe the plan was not to spend in January regardless.....But, you have to be flexible in any business if the original formula and plan from the beginning has backfired.

Think Lerner will sell up very soon.

To be fair, a lot of your names have been realistic. But this is Lerner remember.

I am beginning to think Lambert has received some broken promises from when he first signed up with us. Who knows. Maybe the plan was not to spend in January regardless.....But, you have to be flexible in any business if the original formula and plan from the beginning has backfired.

Think Lerner will sell up very soon.

Fingers crossed!

Guidetti is meant to be going to Fiorentina at end of month when his injury is cleared. Only played his 1st game of season this week

Fiorentina just got Giuseppe Rossi for about £10m. Surely they don't need Guidetti now?