January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

No manager is going to tell the market that he has a large transfer budget. PL has said he wants to strengthen, but has also said that he hates getting random agents constantly pitching shit players to him.

I'm sure he's got some targets identified, otherwise there's no point in paying Henke's salary, and we'll see 2 or 3 new faces in this month.

They may not be Couthino or Lescott, but I'm hoping they add some quality and resolve to our fragile team.

they would have to be pretty shit players to be any worse than bannan and delph

According to PL, one or two signings, so James Chester and Dale Stephens, we'll going down :(

James Chester can't be that bad, his club are top of their league (Hull)

as for Dale Stephens i can remember someone saying his the best passer of the ball in the Championship :thumb:

I have a feeling we will see another big signing like we did when we got Bent. Lerner backs Lambert and knows that we are in a desperate situation at the moment. I think he gave Lambert the 10 million to solidify the squad and will allow Lambert one big signing.

James Chester can't be that bad, his club are top of their league (Hull)

as for Dale Stephens i can remember someone saying his the best passer of the ball in the Championship :thumb:

Over and over it has been established there are good players in the Championship who can make a difference. Lambert signed Johnny Howson from Leeds last January for 2 million and he'd be ideal for us. What we need are more Lambert signings and less academy players/MON or Mcleish crazy signings.

Then we might start forming a solid team from which to build on.

Edited by praisedmambo

Over and over it has been established there are good players in the Championship who can make a difference. Lambert signed Johnny Howson from Leeds last January for 2 million and he'd be ideal for us. What we need are more Lambert signings and less academy players/MON or Mcleish crazy signings.

Agree with this.... as Lambert said in the Presser, we need to build the team, we can't go around spending "mega bucks" on a Bent-esc signing, this is dicing with our Premiership future BUT should it come off this season and we stay up (Which I think we will if we get the right players in this Jan doesn't matter where they are from) We will be on the right path, it may take a season or 2 but we will come back stronger for a more prudent approach in the transfer market BUT if Lerner is seriously not giving Lambert any funds then he may as well sell up (but thats for a different thread).

Sky Sports: Manchester City striker John Guidetti is looking to join an English club on loan, according to the player's Italian agent.

id rather us Loan Guidetti then Welbeck

Indeed, least Guidetti has a nose for goal and a first touch..... I'd prefer a full time deal or a clause in the loan for that.... beggars can't be choosers atm though!

Sky Sports: Manchester City striker John Guidetti is looking to join an English club on loan, according to the player's Italian agent.

id rather us Loan Guidetti then Welbeck

Can i just ask why you'd prefer Guidetti? I'm not Welbeck's biggest fan but he's a Premier League player and an England international? I know Guidetti did well in Holland but so did Alfonso Alves and he was garbage over here lol.

Don't you understand the situation we are in.

Untried, unproven, raw, promising youngsters are why we are the position we are in.

We need nous, experience, knowledge.

Two or three youngsters in a team of experienced players is fine. The other way round is a recipe for disaster.

Don't you understand the situation we are in.

Untried, unproven, raw, promising youngsters are why we are the position we are in.

We need nous, experience, knowledge.

Two or three youngsters in a team of experienced players is fine. The other way round is a recipe for disaster.

I'd say its more because the players we do have aren't good enough. Regardless of their experience. Even our EXPERIENCED players are shit. Can you not see that?

It's true. The quality of the squad is dreadful, older experienced player or not.

We have a couple of decent individuals who on occasion are capable of linking up with another player during play, but that is it.

Team spirit, confidence, morale, fight, pride and a few other things are also completely lacking in the players that we do have.

Soooo, yeaa, ermmm, up the villa?

Can i just ask why you'd prefer Guidetti? I'm not Welbeck's biggest fan but he's a Premier League player and an England international? I know Guidetti did well in Holland but so did Alfonso Alves and he was garbage over here lol.

Jonjo Shelveys played for England.......it doesn't seem a pre req that you have to be any good............just play for the right club

We don't need a striker, it's the least of our worries

That's right because we have scored shit loads this season!