January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

................................Guzan................................

Lowton............Vlaar.....Dunne.................Warnock

...................Westwood......Delph.........................

Nzog.....................Benteke....................Gabby

...............................Bent......................................

Or if Bent **** off / has to sit on the bench, Weimann.

QUEENS PARK RANGERS
Loic Remy (Marseille, £8m), Tal Ben Haim (free agent)

WIGAN
Roger Espinoza (Sporting Kansas City, free), Angelo Henriquez (Manchester United, loan), Joel (Atletico Madrid, loan)

READING
Daniel Carrico (Sporting Lisbon, £500,000), Hope Akpan (Crawley, undisclosed), Stephen Kelly (Fulham, undisclosed)

NEWCASTLE
Mathieu Debuchy (Lille, £5.5m),Yoan Gouffran (Bordeaux £2.8m), Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (Montpellier £7M), Massadio Haidara (Nancy)

SOUTHAMPTON
Vegard Forren (Molde £4.2m)

ASTON VILLA

1_forever_alone_face.png

• Like 3

The last time I remember a crisis over lack of transfers and backing for the manager was when deadly doug refused to even pay for Erik bakke's loan wages shortly before o'leary left.

Lerner must be fed up with the 'save us from' relegation scenario he has faced ever season since mon left and just finally snapped and said '**** it enough is enough, I've given every manager funds to buy players on big wages and it hasn't made sod all difference, so why should I spunk a load more'

I like Bent but I do think we need a defender and midfielders more than we need a goal poacher right now, it seems barmy that he is not being sold to generate funds.

The 'For Sale' sign has been on Bent's head since the start of the January window but seemingly no-one has come in for him yet. Other teams know we are desperate to sell so they'll probably wait until just before the window closes to drive down the price.

"I like Bent but I do think we need a defender and midfielders more than we need a goal poacher right now, it seems barmy that he is not being sold to generate funds". I take your point VillanousOne but I would not want to see him leaving for a team who he would score goals for to keep them up and send us down and should Benteke miss games who would we be left with up front? I also doubt the offers would be big enough to make it worth taking the risk of selling him and would doubt the money would be spent on players in any case. Those 2 lads from Derby would be good buys now and as Benteke has shown the right young players can move a club forwards but those sort of players do not come cheap. Lambo wanted to bring in young players with a re-sale value and if he had been given enough money to buy the likes of Hughes from Derby or Zaha from Palace or the young German prospects that I guess our now departing scout was appointed to identify he would have stood a better chance of making something happen for us this season. But he was asked to turn things around on the cheap so could only sign one player for big money and had to hope others would hit the ground running knowing some might sink rather than swim. The lack of transfer action in this window given our current plight is just not acceptable and the days are running out for our owner to do something about things. I fear the signs are that he will not and will be content to fiddle while Villa burns.

One thing to add on DS. Was told that no play from champs or below will want to come to villa because of pressure of performing straight away. Ie lambert has been getting abuse for signing lower league players and if he signs another then the pressure is on to perform. If he doesn't perform then both Manager and Player are scrutinised heavily. Not how you want to start your AVFC career.

The 'For Sale' sign has been on Bent's head since the start of the January window but seemingly no-one has come in for him yet. Other teams know we are desperate to sell so they'll probably wait until just before the window closes to drive down the price.

I think they may even wait until the end of the season instead and get him for absolute peanuts if we go down. All the teams around us are scoring goals at the moment  although I wouldn't bet against someone throwing in a cheeky 4-5m bid last minute as you said. I would put my arm around him, tell him how great he is, start pinging balls in from the flanks and guaranteed he'll start scoring if fit. I honestly think he's worth more to us now than ever and if we do manage to stay up may even get at little closer to what we paid for him back. I would play him and Benteke together with Gabby and Zog on the wings in the run in. Use Wiemann in rotation of the front 2.

Btw I still think DS will come to Villa eventually as long as we don't completely capitulate. DS knows Villa are a massive club and it's massive opportunity. However we are in disarray. But like I said there's no decision to be made anywyas as no fee has been agreed

Btw I still think DS will come to Villa eventually as long as we don't completely capitulate. DS knows Villa are a massive club and it's massive opportunity. However we are in disarray. But like I said there's no decision to be made anywyas as no fee has been agreed

Good, was staring to worry he was still locked up.

Edited by Daniel

hmmm - no new signings - best team:

................................Guzan................................

Lowton............Vlaar.....Clark.....................Baker

...................Westwood......Delph.........................

Nzog.........................................................Gabby

.....................Benteke.....Weimann......................

Subs: Given, Dunne, Bennett, Ireland, KEA, Holman, Bent

Not too bad really

If your playing a straight 4-4-2, then that midde two will be over run. But then again, any combination in a 4-4-2 would be over run, our options really are that poor.

I guess he´ll go on to have a fantastic rest of the season, scoring about 5-6 goals more and putting in MoM performances every other game. Then Everton sign him for £3m in the summer and he goes on to be a good PL-player.