January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Yep, spending the entire month courting a championship player only to land him just before the window shuts will be absolutely exhilarating.

Think of all the money we will have saved by hanging on til the last minute...who cares about points?! That's not what's important in this league...oh, hang on a minute...

I'm with you, certainly not the stuff dreams are made of

we all know what we need - an experienced CM who can defend and influence the younger midfielders around him - pretty much like Petrov, Barry or Parker.

As for transfers, who knows what's going to happen. The Bent transfer came about with us in a similar position (not saying that will happen again but the club must recognise the need to strengthen the team)

As for Bent, i'd sell him if it meant we could spend the income.

Personally, i'd chance my hand and offer him to Fulham in exchange for Riise (I know he's old but he'd be better than what we have now and will assist Bennett/Stephens' development) and Haangeland (plus a little cash).

Is Dale Stephens still in Birmingham waiting to sign, if so he has been there since about 3rd January

Yes he is in a hotel apparently, but he won't sign until the poison has been removed from the dressing room.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/aston-villa-fan-suffers-heart-1236098

Anyone hear this? Villa fan suffered heart attack at the Bradford game after we got the first goal probably because he never thought he'd see us go 1-0 up ever again whatever happens hope they don't tell him we lost for few weeks. Joking aside cause it ain't funny (nothing's funny these days) does anyone know him ? Anyone see anything? Sorry for posting this here because I'm new member I can't start new topics yet

There is no way Lerner is in talks with anyone. Even if Lambert walks we will have no alternatives in place to come in. It will be a shock to Faulkner and Lerner and we will spend 3 weeks signing a manager who currently doesn't have a club.

I don't agree with what Cortese did at Southampton but at least he's got balls, and a plan for his club.