January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

You don't see the top managers constantly waffling about transfer targets to appease fans ffs.

He's said he's after people, so he's after people.

I'd much rather he concentrate on that than worry about what some blokes on a forum are whining about.

Lambert has already said on multiple occasions that he is working on making additions...what more needs to be said? Do people want a dossier that includes every single one of our targets, including what we are willing to pay and what wages we can afford to them? Patience...

Maybe I am being impatient but it's half way through January and bugger all has happened so far apart from multiple defeats. I guess I need something more to cling to; a rumour or something-but there's nothing. At least when the Lescott nonsense was going on there was a bit of positivity about even if we all knew it wouldn't happen.

Norwegian papers claim that Forren is signing for Liverpool.

That is a shame. Would love to have him at Villa. Much better than Hangeland.

Apparently he is training at Liverpool but there is another Premier League club in talks with him too (according to Times journalist).

Maybe I am being impatient but it's half way through January and bugger all has happened so far apart from multiple defeats. I guess I need something more to cling to; a rumour or something-but there's nothing. At least when the Lescott nonsense was going on there was a bit of positivity about even if we all knew it wouldn't happen.

Yeah, I mean I understand where you are coming from, this window has been very very quiet in terms of links, but I would not read into that too much.

I'd take him

Yep, Could play him in front of Westwood and a new DCM and it might just be enough to keep us up. Throw in a quality winger and defender and we have a fighting chance. I've always liked Dorrans but not sure if his age will be his stumbling block.

Forren better than Hangeland? Not in a million years.

He has some talent for sure, but to say he is going to become better than Hangeland is just an insult to the latter. Forren has been good

in a very, very weak league and he only has a few games for the International team. Way too early to say if he will even make it. As for signing for Liverpool, could be the stupidest thing

he ever does. They have very set defensive partnerships and will demand a whole lot of ability he cannot provide.

Yep, Could play him in front of Westwood and a new DCM and it might just be enough to keep us up. Throw in a quality winger and defender and we have a fighting chance. I've always liked Dorrans but not sure if his age will be his stumbling block.

He's 25. Why would it be a stumbling block? It's not as if we're signing some 30 year old on one last pay packet.

Might be as ineffective as Ireland though. Or he might bring the best out of other creative players.

He has some talent for sure, but to say he is going to become better than Hangeland is just an insult to the latter. Forren has been good

in a very, very weak league and he only has a few games for the International team. Way too early to say if he will even make it. As for signing for Liverpool, could be the stupidest thing

he ever does. They have very set defensive partnerships and will demand a whole lot of ability he cannot provide.

He's been very solid and the Europa league qualifications as well. Your comment makes me wonder if you've ever seen him play.

Better then Hangeland might be an exaggeration, but he's close to if not on par with Hangeland.

I'd go for broke and make big wage offers for Huth and Hangelannd.

No chance on either

What about delph haha?

I think Hangeland is past it. Getting slower and slower and is not the tower in the air you would expect from a player at that size.

Don't mind seeing Forren and Demidov in the natinal team, rather than Hangeland.

Re Henke leaving - it doesn't mean he's going to take his scouting reports with him does it??

We'll have had the six months of him reporting on potential targets, which we may or may not be looking at.

I don't expect he's only just started scouting players just because the transfer window is now open, it's an ongoing process and hopefully he's highlighted some good players for us.

So him leaving now shouldn't make a jot of difference for this transfer window - however, we'll need to replace him in time for next season.

He's 25. Why would it be a stumbling block? It's not as if we're signing some 30 year old on one last pay packet.

Might be as ineffective as Ireland though. Or he might bring the best out of other creative players.

Exactly! Isn't that a bit old for us now!?