January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

So now reports are out that Randy is willing to spend "big" to ensure out survival, yet no collective nashing if teeth on VT.... Odd that. If have thought it news worthy.

Personally, I think they're just hedging their bets. I think £10-12m as expected.

I'm pretty sure Lerner trusts Lambert with the club over the next few years and would have backed him to buy the players he needed gradually based on getting the deadwood out and replacing them with hungry new players on less wages. Our predicament has just accelerated the process and I would expect a few signings now before we are able to get rid of the shite. I hope so anyway, and that he'll get whatever transfer budget Lambert feels he needs.

Scott Dann would be very welcome. Very much a victim of circumstance, though perhaps he and Vlaar are too similar on style?

Hmm I think they would work pretty well together.... If Dann can make Roger Johnson look good then he would help our Defense!!

Perhaps 10-12m spent on, Scott Dann (3.5m), Cavanda (3.5m), Diame/Sissoko (3.5m) and Stephens (2m)....

Cool cool - I'm not really up on Serie A, so was just looking at it at face value.

I'd rather we go for Boyata then.

similarities: Belgian, right footed, 22y old, can play on various positions in defence

pro: used to the premier league, has more match experience, cavanda can still choose for Angola where as Boyata already played official matches for Belgium

con: might be little more expensive than cavanda (but we're still not talking big money)

Edited by AXD

People forgetting how shit Scott Dann has been since getting injured for SHA a couple of years back? I remember Blackburn fans ripping him and he doesn't appear to be doing that good in the championship. Made Grant Hanley look good in Blackburns failed battle to stave off relegation. I wouldn't waste our money. How about Johnny Heitinga? On the fringe at Everton and looks to be on the way out of there, international team mate of Vlaar too.

Edited by VillaRoy

People forgetting how shit Scott Dann has been since getting injured for SHA a couple of years back? I remember Blackburn fans ripping him and he doesn't appear to be doing that good in the championship. I wouldn't waste our money. How about Johnny Heitinga? On the fringe at Everton and looks to be on the way out of there, international team mate of Vlaar too.

Heitinga would be a good signing, any of Heitinga, Dann (if he would be back to form), Chester or Boyata I'd be happy with....

And one player I'd love us to get (pretty unrealistic) is Baptistao Leo from Rayo Vallecano!!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

People forgetting how shit Scott Dann has been since getting injured for SHA a couple of years back? I remember Blackburn fans ripping him and he doesn't appear to be doing that good in the championship. Made Grant Hanley look good in Blackburns failed battle to stave off relegation. I wouldn't waste our money. How about Johnny Heitinga? On the fringe at Everton and looks to be on the way out of there, international team mate of Vlaar too.

Heitinga is a very good shout.

Well up for Heitinga, ticks every box imaginable. Experienced, should relatively cheap coming from a club who will always sell at the right price. Certainly within range as in he's better than what we have but not so good we're kidding ourselves. Had played with Vlaar before.

I'd like that a lot. Perhaps it's too obvious.

Well up for Heitinga, ticks every box imaginable. Experienced, should relatively cheap coming from a club who will always sell at the right price. Certainly within range as in he's better than what we have but not so good we're kidding ourselves. Had played with Vlaar before.

Count me in!

I'm not a fan of Heitinga, I think there are better players out there who are within our budget. He has experience but lacks talent.

He would still be a good addition to our squad though, but I'm hoping for better

Heitinga is very good shout imo, can play as central defender and central defensive midfielder. Would get him, another midfielder, maybe left back and attacking midfielder if we can flog N'Zog and/or Ireland to some other team. Doesn't QPR need left back now that Nelsen is leaving and they won't get Olsson? Hopefully they're gonna come for Warnock :D

I'm not a fan of Heitinga, I think there are better players out there who are within our budget. He has experience but lacks talent.

He would still be a good addition to our squad though, but I'm hoping for better

I'd say from what I've seen of both for club and country, he's on a level with Vlaar. Solid mid table defender, though Heitinga has played at a higher level than that we can agree.

I'll take two Vlaars at the minute. It might be enough to steady the ship, or at least plug the **** so it doesn't leak like the titanic.

Bloody too right!!

And just to confirm Curtis Davies was touted by someone not that long ago????

No one could be such a stubborn idiot as to think that we can't get out of this position with a couple of asute loans or buys!! For a professionally run business we are awful!!

What we don't need is a load more Bent/Ireland/Makoun type players who have no desire or professional integrety to give their best each week for the club that pays them so that they can live their ridiculously over the top lifestyles.

Here here!

Not saying we are in for him or anything but he's only managed 12mins in Lazios last 4 Serie A games.

Remember that guy we got from AC milan for 3m about 7 years ago?.. similar kind of ratio... forget his name now though he became an icon for us.

I think if our defence wasn't so much like headless chickens, our other players would have more confidence to attack.

We're imo short of 2-3 players from a team which would survive, with a good defensive midfielder and another good central defender to keep tight at the back, our more attack-oriented players could cocentrate on what they're good at.

• Like 1