January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Lichaj is out of contract at the end of the season and Stevens isn't good enough. Leaving us with just Lowton and Bennett. Cavanda can play either side and therefore can challenge both of those for a starting spot. Also Bennett is injury prone and both him and Lowton could suffer burn-out if they are left to it all season. Maybe we will see Cavanda in and Lichaj out?

I wouldn't call Bennett injury prone based on his six months in here, his injury against Tottenham was just very bad luck with colliding to the advertisement boards.

Fair point I wasn't jumping on your back but I would still see that move for Cavanda being a first choice, as coming from a club like Lazio I would imagine he would want to play ahead of players who have come from Sheffield United & Middlesbrough, especially when he would want to enhance his international prospects. I would see that as unfair on both JB & ML, we do need cover at the full back positions I agree but I think there are more pressing matters to take care of at the minute.

No fair do's mate, you are right that he would come no doubt come expecting to be 1st choice - and yes it's not a vital area, CB, DM & MF are far more important.

We're like nearly totally 181 hours into the window and there's like totes no-one signed. Sigh and stuff.

MON has signed a player before us and what’s more he is a young talent from a foreign league!

The world has turned up side down! :wacko:

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

MON has signed a player before us and what’s more he is a young talent from a foreign league!

The world has turned up side down! :wacko:

Maybe it wasn't all down to him when he was here :detect:

Was having lunch with an Arsenal supporting friend of mine and we got talking about how both clubs have been going in recent years, eventually he asked if you were gutting the club right now who would you actually keep from that squad, and when I really thought about it, I came to the conclusion that the only players I'd keep for a first XI moving forward would be Lowton, Vlaar, Bennett, Westwood, Weiman, Benteke. Granted the likes of Baker & maybe even Clark are good prospects but right now I'd rather see them be options as opposed to definites. When you look at those players 5/6 are Lambert signings, just goes to show how much of a job he had coming in here and why he deserves a chance no matter how bad this season goes, obviously I've factored in wages in not including Bent, Guzan was another I thought hard about and he has done very well and was unlucky not to be included. The only two PL signings who didn't make it were KAE & Bowery. Anyways, I look forward to see who he brings in next.

Was having lunch with an Arsenal supporting friend of mine and we got talking about how both clubs have been going in recent years, eventually he asked if you were gutting the club right now who would you actually keep from that squad, and when I really thought about it, I came to the conclusion that the only players I'd keep for a first XI moving forward would be Lowton, Vlaar, Bennett, Westwood, Weiman, Benteke. Granted the likes of Baker & maybe even Clark are good prospects but right now I'd rather see them be options as opposed to definites. When you look at those players 5/6 are Lambert signings, just goes to show how much of a job he had coming in here and why he deserves a chance no matter how bad this season goes, obviously I've factored in wages in not including Bent, Guzan was another I thought hard about and he has done very well and was unlucky not to be included. The only two PL signings who didn't make it were KAE & Bowery. Anyways, I look forward to see who he brings in next.

I been saying exactly this, but a little less harsh on Guzan and I'm still willing to see if KEA can turn it around - he looked good to begin with but has gone off the boil. Hopefully he can do a Petrov.

Maybe it wasn't all down to him when he was here :detect:

Who knows but looking back under 4 managers since Randy took over we have brought foreign 5 times that I can recall

Carew

Guzan

Makoun

Benteke

Stevens

That's a remarkable low number ....