January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

so some negative doom mongerer on the web posts an article about us not having relegation terms in key contracts - and everyone is like 'oh shit we're ****.'

just like the whole wages thing has run and run without much official evidence for Lerner actually saying to Lambert/McCleish 'hey sell/kill everyone over 30K' not saying that there hasn't been a whole lot of common sense employed but i'm sure if Randy thought his money was spent wisely and with something to show for it - he'd spend it.

I didn't believe that article either.

I just think we're currently unlikely to spend the fee and wages involved in signing an English midfielder from Spurs.

I didn't believe that article either.

I just think we're currently unlikely to spend the fee and wages involved in signing an English midfielder from Spurs.

fair play, you're right Levy is a mercenary, although every Spurs fan moans about how many players they have on the books that are rubbish or injured, just look at the Bentley thing. I know we have Warnock, Hutton and Makoun but Spurs have there fair share of turkeys, so maybe they could be desperate to sell us one of their overcooked birds.... you never know :rolleyes:

Would rather we took a punt on Liam Trotter for 2m than do Spurs a favour by taking Huddlestone off their hands. We need someone who can play lots of games in the second half of the season. Huddlestone is far too injury prone and we would be foolish to sign him.

Another problem with Huddlestone is his comfort eating, he can't walk past a fast food joint without putting on 10 lbs.

I have watched Nordtveit in the BL this season for MG, he has started every game, they play in the Europa League and have been finishing in the top 4, not sure if he would swop that for a relegation scrap at VP.

Huddlestone fit would walk into our side as others have said. He gets a bit of abuse but i've always rated him as a good player, he'd do well for us I think, and if it were him and it were a loan i'd imagine it'd be with a view to buy as I don't think he's got a future there. Livermore would never be to buy as he's a rated prospect.

Yes? Hasn't this already been mentioned.

Yeah, I think mattyp_avfc posted earlier about this as well. But this article seems to back up the one he posted about. Very interesting. Would love a bit of Brazilian flair.

Obligatory Youtube video.

If Lambert gets Coutinho to come here I will be amazed. I think what would amaze me more is if Lambert could do it without a Man City or Barcelona beating us to the punch, we may be willing to pay €10m but those two would pay double if not triple that for a player of his quality.

If Lambert gets Coutinho to come here I will be amazed. I think what would amaze me more is if Lambert could do it without a Man City or Barcelona beating us to the punch, we may be willing to pay €10m but those two would pay double if not triple that for a player of his quality.

My guess is Man City and Barcelona probably aren't after him. If he can't break into the Inter team then he definitely wouldn't be good enough to break into Man City or Barcelona. Of course he'd be more than good enough for us.

As I said though, I just can't see it.

Edited by Mantis

Yeah, I think mattyp_avfc posted earlier about this as well. But this article seems to back up the one he posted about. Very interesting. Would love a bit of Brazilian flair.

Obligatory Youtube video.

He looks like a real quality player, is it acceptable to be so one sided though?

He did score a screamer with his left and a tap in. Other than that he only used his left to stand on.

probably bullshit but I would be happy with this:

VILLA _INSIDER@VILLA_INSIDER1

Paul Lambert has made a cash plus player bid (Ireland) for Norwich City's Jonny Howson. #avfc

I'm not too knowledgeable about Howson I'm guessing he plays a Defensive Midfield role? It's the Ireland bit throwing me off as Ireland is an Attacking Midfielder, that and the new rumour of Coutinho. Though if he is a Defensive Midfielder then it makes sense to get rid of Ireland to make way for Coutinho so that rumour if it happens could confirm the second rumour.