January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Frimpong looked very good at Wolves - bad injury set him back quite a bit though.

Yep, he absolutely bosses the game against us at molinex last year, it wasn't until he went off we got to grips with the game, I'd love Frimpong here.

If it wasn't obvious before, today showed we badly need new and better players, not just more of what we already have.

We beat Ipswich, big whoop! Lamberts men did the mere minimum for once wich is good but nothing more than what must be expected.

By all means enjoy this,

Go ahead and clap. Mediocrity deserves applause. Why don't we go find a Ford Focus and clap around it!

That is the single, most self loathing post I have seen on this site. Fans happy at a win, shock horror! Mate, I'll celebrate every goal and win this club ever has, despite the opposition.

OOoh another negative spin about Villa wages & contracts - I wonder who the "Villa source" might be?

Answers on a postcard please

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-face-17m-wage-1519589

Funny there's been a few leaks over the past few months over clauses in contracts & wages et al.

That Matt Law is a Villa fan, but I cannot stand him. One of the most negative people about. I do not believe that article either. Darren Bent was signed in the midst of a relegation battle and he doesn't have a relegation clause in his contract?! Bollocks.

Not sure if anyone has uploaded this before, http://tinyurl.com/asmcffd it is supposedly all of the out of contract players at the end of the season.

The players I wouldn't mind taking are; Frimpong, Chris Brunt and Hangeland

Thanks for this. Why isn't Warnock listed, I thought his contract was up this summer as well.

Also surprised to see Lichaj - wouldn't be shocked if he moves elsewhere.

Edited by olivevilla

I like all of them in some capacity. Hangeland especially MUST be worth a cheeky £4m bid this January. I understand that his contract situation might make that a tough sell to the board but there's no way we'll get him on a Bosman in my opinion. Not sure why he would come at all, but maybe his agent will get a little twitchy.

Worth a punt.

It's not like Fulham aren't interested in retaining him, Hangeland is keeping his cool to get as much money as he can in what perhaps is his last Premier League contract. He'll go after the money.

What a shit story. Not like we'd have to spend 17m all at once. It is ongoing wage costs and of course if we get relegated some big earners would have to go, it happens at most clubs that get relegated ffs

Dale Stephens played in the cup for Charlton yesterday and James Chester was on the bench for Hull, so maybe these two deals are far from complete or maybe we are no longer after them (if we even were)

We'll have to break the bank for either player.

Hull and Charlton will not want to sell at this point in the season.

Assuming we get both/either of them there's a lot of pressure to come in to the club as a big money January signing and make a difference for us. If we signed them I think we'd have to wait til next season before we see the best of them.

I'd agree, probably not the sort of players we need this January. If we can get Vlaar Gabby Zog and Bent back and keep them fit we probably only need 1 or 2 classy additions - another CB and a CM. possibly a LB ?

Definitely a centre back and a midfielder. At left back I'm not sure. I think Bennett and Stevens are both decent young players. Bennett hasn't had the same type of impact Lowton has had on the other side though. Possibly worth it if we could lure a quality one in for a decent price and wages.

We've been linked with 17 year old Fredrik Jonsson who is a Swedish striker playing for GAIS. The story is in Aftonbladet so maybe one of our Swedish Villains could tell us more...........

im swedish, but i dont follow the swedish league.. as its shit. i havent seen him play, nor do i need to. The swedish league is so far below the Premier League in standards that i dont think anyone would be able to come in straight from there. Hes more a player for the future id imagine, with some time in the academy reserves youth team etc he might be good enough in a couple of years