January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Double swoop for Forren and Eikrem from Molde please. They would both go extremely well with our style, and Forren is an up and coming player that will be very expensive come one or two years. Eikrem does exactly what we need - opening defenses. I saw Molde's game against Basel in the CL qualifier, and they were unlucky not to qualify (missed a penalty in the 80th minute or something). Eikrem fed his forwards and wingers some absolute beauties, and if these players were anything like Gabby and Benteke they would've scored 3 goals or more. On top of that they're both fluent in English and they come from a league that is as physical as ours. Eikrem is also educated at manure.

You see that is where you are wrong my friend.

I have a feeling a deal is already cemented on a certain striker already arriving to us in January.

I hope so, I was only really saying this so I could be reassured that players will come in. I do love a good signing. Oooo.

Who's your striker then? Do share!

Pay as you play deal for Owen Hargreaves?

This is a genuine question.

Do players ever ACTUALLY have pay as you play deals?

We always hear them suggested for these kinds of players, but I don't recall anyone actually being on a contract like that.

Pay as you play deal for Owen Hargreaves?

I'd not thought of that, interesting.

On the one hand it could make sense, he was a fine player afterall and if fit and on a pay as you play deal he would be an asset.

However I seriously doubt he would ever be fit and while it is true that it wouldn't cost us anything in wages I think it could still end up costing us a huge amount. The reason I say that is if we sign him to solve our problem and he is never fit we still have the problem and I personally feel it is a problem that if left unchecked could contribute significantly to us going down.

So for that reason I think I'd rather see us sign a lesser player who is more likely to be fit and contributing, although I accept any player can get injured.

This is a genuine question.

Do players ever ACTUALLY have pay as you play deals?

We always hear them suggested for these kinds of players, but I don't recall anyone actually being on a contract like that.

I believe Owen is at Stoke, Fowler was offered and rejected one at Blackpool.

So they are around but not common, I also think by their nature they aren't likely to publicised by either side. A club doesn't want to announce they are signing a potential crock when they are trying to pretend to be ambitious when selling ST's, while what agent wants the world (or other players) to see that is the best deal they can get for their client.

I'd imagine they happen or at least are offered far far more than we as fans realise.

Although a lot won't be strickly pay as you play, they will just have a very low basic pay with much bigger performance bonuses.

What about Parker on loan? Has been out injured and I dont see him getting into an AVB team. Redknapp will probably be in for him and Dawson (who I also think could do a job for us). With Marin, he was injured when signed for Chelsea, they have been easing him in hence the low number of appearances this season.

What about Parker on loan? Has been out injured and I dont see him getting into an AVB team. Redknapp will probably be in for him and Dawson (who I also think could do a job for us). With Marin, he was injured when signed for Chelsea, they have been easing him in hence the low number of appearances this season.

Parker for loan could be a good shout but could end up like with Jenas. If we can't get anyone permanently (or loan with permanent deal in place) then Marin would also be good.

He won't.

Rafa rotates his teams, and Marin will get game time, or he will go back to Germany.

Problem is he already has both Hazard, Moses and Oscar ahead of him in the pecking order, so I still see his game time as being very limited at best. If he does get loaned out, it would make most sense for him to stay in the PL so he can get acclimated, as opposed to going back to Germany where they know he can perform. I still think this loan would be beneficial to both parties, at least short term, and Villa would be stupid to not enquire IMO.

Problem is he already has both Hazard, Moses and Oscar ahead of him in the pecking order, so I still see his game time as being very limited at best. If he does get loaned out, it would make most sense for him to stay in the PL so he can get acclimated, as opposed to going back to Germany where they know he can perform. I still think this loan would be beneficial to both parties, at least short term, and Villa would be stupid to not enquire IMO.

Have to remember they are playing in the World Club Championship, League cup,Champions league and Challenging for the League.. That's a lot of football, i'm sure Marin will get a chance to perform, time will will tell I guess.

Agreed, we could at least enquire.

Suggestion, Samuel Armenteros 22 yo swedish striker. Plays for Heracles in Holland. Has scored alot this year and his overall play has been really good. Out of contract in the summer, the club would sell in January but is widely tipped to sign for Ajax.