• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Bennett 11)
    • Stevenes (for Lichaj 71)
    • Holman (for Weimann 85)

Thought the midfield three looked suspect pre-game but it worked brilliantly. Westwood was **** brilliant and Ireland was constantly was bombing forward which was good to see. Bannan's final ball wasn't the greatest but for someone with a bad attitude he doesn't half put a shift in.

Get it up ya, O'Neill!

the bookies had us at 3s, but we were very good today in patches. still very very rough around the edges but clark, bannan, vlaar, guzan, benteke, westwood and gabby all had a good game. such a shame weimann couldn't have scored on 75mins after a great move, we would have really jumped in confidence then as a team and him especially. good to see the arm round him from PL when he was subbed, he didn't have a great day but you could see he was giving it his best.

lots of positives today but still a work i progress and was massively important we won today to keep tabs on the half dozen or so clubs immediatly above us, a loss today would have put us right in the shit. if we can get 4 points from the next 3 games (big ask) then i think we'll be fine for the rest of the season. great to see academy products put in a really good positive shift for us (gabby, clark and bannan especially).

UTV :)

A thoroughly deserved victory. Very nervy last 10 mins, but that was to be expected. Benteke just keeps getting better every game. A real beast in the air, he wins absolutely every ball. A nice assist to boot. Gabby worked his socks off and deserved his goal. I feel more confident when I see Benteke and Gabby up top. Westwood was steady and efficient. Looked solid. Ireland has a few misplaced passes, but his energy levels were good and the whole team performed well......bar Lichaj who I think is absolute pants.

Great result and a much needed 3 points. Bring on Utd. :P

Yesss!!!

Been out of contact for most of the afternoon so just catching up with this. Sounds like Benteke, Weimann & Gabby did well today. Nice to have laid to rest all those dreary posts about how Gabby hasn't scored in the league. Also excellent to get 3 points from Sunderland and their manager whose name seems vaguely familiar. Sounds like Lambert got a lot of things right today.

Credit to Lambert, he took a risk with his team selection in what was a game we could not afford to lose, and the gamble paid off and the three points are ours! Ireland, Bannan, Westwood, Benteke, Gabby, Clark and Vlaar were all exceptional today!

Thank goodness I got my ticket sorted! So, so impressed with Westwood. His inclusion did raise an eyebrow, but his performance was so composed I don't think anyone could've seen it coming. Benteke motm for me though, the Sunderland defence just couldn't handle him.

Pretty hilarious scenes in the away end - the stewards fought tooth and nail to get everyone to sit down, and one chap did get kicked out for arguing, I think. One steward stood in front of me for a good minute or so asking me to sit down, and I just ignored him till he moved on. Was only really interested in the fans who were giving grief back.

Sunderland are properly bad though, so won't get carried away with the win, but I can now see us sneaking a couple of draws out of the next few games, which is a marked improvement on what I thought before today!

Great result and a very decent performance.

Sunderland are awful but we restricted them to very little.

Benteke was top class. Vlaar and Clark both very good and thought Westwood had an excellent game too.

Promising.

Ireland was woeful, so wasteful in possession and I'd certainly drop him for the next game

Final ball wasn't the best but worked his arse off and got forward a lot. Bringing the ball out he was brilliant.

Â