Ashley Young

maqroll

On 07/11/2022 at 23:30, Mantis said:

I know it's a very minor point but I love that he finally got to avenge that game from 2010 under Houllier when we went 2-0 up (and which he scored in) only to throw it away to Federico **** Macheda (again) and draw 2-2.

What a career he went on to have…

I mean if you had a 55-man list it would be criminal for him *NOT* to be on it. He's a winner, has tons of tournament experience with England, is still incredibly fit, mentally miles ahead of most other players etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I had a conversation with a friend of mine on Saturday and said there are worse things Southgate could do than take Ash to the WC. Solid, some good experience for the group, perhaps would struggle as a wing back at international level but a solid full back and a good player to bring off the bench to timewaste/s***house to help see out a win.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

Southgate usually puts Trippier there doesn't he?

Trippier left back, Walker centre back, TAA midfield and Harry Kane right back

Young will probably be starting as a winger in the World Cup

On 07/11/2022 at 22:30, Mantis said:

I know it's a very minor point but I love that he finally got to avenge that game from 2010 under Houllier when we went 2-0 up (and which he scored in) only to throw it away to Federico **** Macheda (again) and draw 2-2.

When you think just how long it's been since getting over that finish line at VP, and all those sickening 2, goal and 3, goal comebacks, believe me, there's nothing minor about that point. 

Player of the season already, for me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I had a conversation with a friend of mine on Saturday and said there are worse things Southgate could do than take Ash to the WC. Solid, some good experience for the group, perhaps would struggle as a wing back at international level but a solid full back and a good player to bring off the bench to timewaste/s***house to help see out a win.

You mention the timewasting. Was it Ashley who whispered to Luca to go down injured and waste some precious minutes? If it was, then definitely player of the season. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

One positive was young. He was brilliant. Man its unreal he is 37. My motm today.

Honestly he is getting to legend status for me

He was excellent today and is having a decent season considering. Easy on the legend though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He was excellent today and is having a decent season considering. Easy on the legend though. 

Easy on legend? Hos forst run he was excellent and come back at 36 and given us two superb seasons. Thats legendary status for me

Name me another 37 year old thats done that. Even ronnie isnt doing at united

What a player, I’m usually against signing experienced players. I wasn’t against signing Young just because of the fact that he used to be one of our star players, but he’s now a very important player. He’s one of the few that you can understand what’s football experience easily buy watching him.

Â