Ashley Young

maqroll

He's been better than all of our other fullbacks because he's 37, as weird as that might sound. That lets him off the hook of having to play with the suicidal tactic of pushing on beyond even the strikers and having to come back and defend. He can pick and choose his moments of getting forward wisely and doesn't leave him exposed as often. Digne was the second best LB in the league for a few years there, comes to play for Gerrard and is getting outplayed by a 37 year old winger? Nah something else is up there.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Digne shouldn't be getting back in the side. 

Said this to the guy next to me at the game today.

He has been our most consistent player by some way this season. I'd be giving him another year now as he has at least that in him. 

• Like 1

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Said this to the guy next to me at the game today.

He has been our most consistent player by some way this season. I'd be giving him another year now as he has at least that in him. 

He was brilliant today. A real captains performance. 

I watched him during a break in play on the half hour mark go over to Emi and Leon to gee them up. Simply excellent in every facet. 

I deserve a slap tbh as I was unsure about him staying and he's proved me seriously wrong this season. Better than last season, so far imo.

• Like 1

Â