Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 hours ago, BigRed said:

No stop being biased. You can’t have it both ways. You’re keeper going down in the last 10 mins & grealish getting up after the cooper tackle only to go down to get him booked is exactly the same. 

Your players went in like a bunch of rhino's at times, no control over there tackles and should be booked for there mistakes, many leeds challenges were very reckless.

The problem with Grealish is you teams deliberately go out and bring any opposition down you deem to be a threat. I would say that it's about time that this nonsense got sorted as it will only get worse next season. Look at today alone it is strange is it not that it's always Grealish being targeted, it's simply a tactic to render a decent player who can not go ahead and just simply play football useless.

Bamford is a disgrace to football, like a child getting another child into trouble, that's how bad the game got. Bamford sets a real bad example of what it is to be a role model for kids, many watch and many will be disappointed by his actions.

Bielsa made some mistakes early on in how he was, booked for it and the game and Leeds performance was that bad that Bielsa had no choice but to do what he did, I'm only thankful that he made that right choice in the end.

Players are always pulling these tactical fouls and Leeds were the worst I've seen ever. These tactical fouls should start to carry bookings, a Leeds player did one right in front of the referee and it was just awarded with a free kick. The championship has gotten way out of hand along time ago and it's only getting worse with all the stupidness, after today Leeds don't deserve to even be in the play offs, they are a shame on the game.

I don't think neither team deserved to win, yet the shame is on Leeds for the way in which they acted throughout the game. I do hope if we meet again in the finals that Leeds conduct themselves properly and play a game without cheating because football should never be played this way.

51 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The tackle on Grealish that Leeds fans seem to think isn't a foul is a straight red. In the modern game when you come in off your feet at speed and not in control of your body you're in trouble - it's a red. It doesn't matter that he gets the ball first, it's reckless and it endangers the opponent. Grealish has got up straight away, then gone down again - perhaps it was the shock of seeing the referee not take proper action.

Ultimately, much of what went on in the second half was down to an atmosphere that the referee let build up in the first half. If he'd been stronger from the start, Leeds would have gone in at half time with ten men or with five or six on yellows and their approach would have changed - they played good football today, they're a good side, they can play in more than one way - the referee's weakness lead them into testing him instead of concentrating on using the ball.

Roberts using the traditions of the game to his advantage isn't outside of the rules of the game, but it's definitely outside of the spirit - it's the raised hand to Adomah, palm out - the gesture that says "no need to close me down, I'm putting this out of play, everyone calm down" it's sly, it's gamesmanship, it makes him a vile piece of crap, but it's in the rules and we have to live with that. Fair play to Bielsa for rectifying the obvious one; no credit to him for sending his side out to bully and kick the opponent - it's almost a signal that he didn't have a great deal of faith in the football of his players at the start.

At the end, we've had to resort to a bit of gamesmanship with Steer after we'd been wrongly reduced to ten by another shameful bit of play from Bamford. Bamford's merits a ban, Roberts merits his name being remembered and associated with being a cheat, which is what he is, even if it's not the letter of the law he's cheating.

When it was football and not assault, Leeds fans should be pleased that they showed a return to some sort of form, they were better today than they have been for a while - it's a shame they lacked the faith in that footballing ability beating us and felt instead they had to resort to trying to kick us out of it and cheat us out of it - but then, as tradition dictates - that's Leeds isn't it?

I guess them not getting a red for the foul on Grealish was balanced in McGinn not getting sent off. I haven't seen the replay since the game but it looked like the kind of tackle that warranted a red.

Has anyone got a clip of that?

So the Leeds manager thinks it was incorrect for the goal to stand. The goal scorer says it was wrong for it to stand (stating he didn’t know an injury had occurred). And it was offside anyway.

With that in mind, along with the Leeds players wanting us to put the ball out when one of theirs was injured (and ignoring the Bamford incident), I’m struggling to see how Leeds supporters could believe it was fair that the ball wasn’t kicked out.

For what it’s worth, I will say we were a touch naive, but our naivety was massively outweighed by the initial unsportsmanlike play that followed. The next time there’s an incident when it could be argued the ball should be kicked out, it will be mildly interesting to see what happens (in both Leeds and Villa games).

@Cjay is a reasonable sort (for the most part ;)), probably understandably keeping quiet today but I’d be curious to hear his view on it, in his own time and when the dust has settled.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

4 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It's funny, I've seen this photo shown to quite a few Leeds fans who suddenly go quiet about the "diving" all game.

Its alright, just a robust challenge. Nothin wrong with that you big girls blouse. You've got another leg haven't you? 😉

Edited by TheStagMan

On 22/04/2019 at 22:54, Tomaszk said:

I thought they only lost when teams sit back against them? @BigRed

Hey @BigRed how come you didn't beat us today? We didn't sit back? Weird.

You didn't have a chance until Roberts did some real A-grade scummy work.

I'm confused.

• Like 1

Been with a Leeds fan all day today. He's utterly embarrassed at the way they performed and gives huge plaudits to their manager for letting us score. Though, he did think the ref was absolutely terrible all game which I have to agree what. Had no control over it whatsoever and he was generous to us at times in the first half.

But their goal, and Bamford, were absolutely disgraceful and they should be **** embarrassed. Any Leeds fan defending that shit is pure idiocy. Never seen anything like it in 1 game before.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

In fairness, this would make a fantastic playoff final for the neutral. It'd be a terrific game.

Personally I'd rather play Stechford U12's and the playoffs make me a nervous wreck, but I guess you have to give the neutral something.

• Like 1

I'd like Patrick Bamford to be the victim of a curse where he loses in the playoffs every season for the remainder of his career. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I do wonder what would have been the reaction from a) Leeds b) the football world if we hadn't have put it out when Forshaw was injured and we'd scored?

The amount of nonsense 'play to the whistle' bullshit I've seen on social media...

I genuinely have no issue with teams playing on when a player is down unless it's a head injury or looks immediately like a leg break, in which case the ref should blow up anyway and I think everyone in the UK pretty much sees it the same way nowadays.  Like Stevo says it's more the fact that their player slowed down and deceived everyone by not putting the ball out.  This may be a sweeling generalisation but I'm pretty sure that Bielsa is like a lot of managers from abroad where there is a stark cultural difference, for example he would most likely have no issue with what Bamford did to get a player sent off, but scoring a goal in those circumstances is wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I genuinely have no issue with teams playing on when a player is down unless it's a head injury or looks immediately like a leg break, in which case the ref should blow up anyway and I think everyone in the UK pretty much sees it the same way nowadays.  Like Stevo says it's more the fact that their player slowed down and deceived everyone by not putting the ball out.  This may be a sweeling generalisation but I'm pretty sure that Bielsa is like a lot of managers from abroad where there is a stark cultural difference, for example he would most likely have no issue with what Bamford did to get a player sent off, but scoring a goal in those circumstances is wrong.

Yep exactly. 

If Leeds had simply carried on I'd actually be blaming our players.

We ALL know that if it was the other way round, the Leeds fans would be, rightfully, going mental. It's pure hypocrisy for any of them to try and claim there was nothing wrong with it.

• Like 3

That was interesting.  

I was trying to watch the game on my phone, in and out of conversations with people when it all happened and my initial reaction was "fair play Leeds, we should have played to the whistle". 

But on 2nd and 3rd viewing, you start unraveling the context.  

I think there should have been a foul given on Kodjia in the first instance, the Leeds player went through the back of his standing legs and took him down, even if he did touch the ball, you can't go through a player to get it, that's number 1.

Kodjia stays down, OUR players start signalling the ref.  The ball gets played, or finds it's way out wide, their guy does motion (albeit briefly) he's putting it out.  Now, maybe the reaction of the crowd booing swayed his decision to carry on, but that little signal was enough for Adomah and Elmo to slow right down and not chase the ball anymore.  The guy then halfheartedly puts it's down the line, to a guy who is offside anyway, but that isn't spotted - he then turns Hause inside out and smartly puts it away.  

Melee ensues, Bamford is a bitch and it all stops.  

Bielsa didn't have to instruct his players to let us score, I don't think, so fair play to him for that - genuinely. I think that was a strong decision to make in the heat of the moment, without having replays and time to think about it. 

The crowd are playing pantomime and it's all "top banter".  

Without thinking about the previous 10 minutes when we put it out, it wasn't a head injury to Kodjia - it was up the them to play on or not.  The heat comes from the motion from the player that he will put it out, before playing it down the line.  I think he probably was going to put it out, but the crowd reaction of "he's **** dived" or "play on!" probably changed his mind after making the gesture.  The guy who scored just did his job, and you can tell by his reaction that he didn't know what was going on, but he played to the whistle. 

To be completely honest, I don't blame any of the Leeds players for doing what they did.  I don't particularly blame the guy who gestured, then carried on, it was probably pressure in the heat of the moment.  I don't blame the guy who scored, because as far as he was concerned, his teammate didn't put it out, and he was playing on. 

The blame really should go to the ref for his poor control of the game.  The initial foul on Kodjia, as far as I can see - is pretty clear!  I know some refs pride themselves on "letting the game go", but from several instances in the first half with strong challenges being waved on, he justifies stronger tackles (because if you can get away with it, why not?).  A better ref wouldn't have even gotten to the point where this incident happened.  

The social media and posts on here of "well conor punched our guy!" or "well 10 mins earlier we did this" or "Grealish went down softly after nearly being snapped 2 mins before" just doesn't hold any weight and is what I'd expect from annoying school kids.  

Look at the incident without the knowledge of what happened prior or after, and look at it objectively, I don't think Leeds did a lot wrong, apart from the foul initially.  The ref and his shit linesmen bare the brunt of my annoyance, the none given foul, the weak game management of "just kick it out son", the none ruling of the offside and the guessing of the elbow to Bamford to get El Ghazi sent off should be enough evidence to show any football fan that those officials shouldn't be allowed to officiate a game until they can actually manage one without **** up key moments. 

Â