Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

21 hours ago, tinker said:

They have character that we are missing, a drive to win at all costs . Players like Ayling might not be  world beaters but their presence on the pitch drives the whole team to fight for each other and the club..

You really just basing all this not getting close to Man. City's A + team for 45 minutes?! Leeds lost 7-0 away to them last season.....

As said above our record v top sides must be the best in bottom half given we've won v Man. United and Spurs under UE and also got a point v Man. City. Also won v Brentford and Brighton.

Leeds should just appoint Hasenhuttl if he wants the job, he's the most obvious one out there who suits the squad and has decent premier league experience and no relegations.

• Like 4

I think even Gerrard would at least give them a new manager bounce, same as he did with us. It'd go tits up after that for sure, but it might be enough to scrape survival. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I think even Gerrard would at least give them a new manager bounce, same as he did with us. It'd go tits up after that for sure, but it might be enough to scrape survival. 

i dont think it was a Gerrard bounce but a Beale bounce.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

No chance, Gerrard would be the lead anchor sinking them to the bottom.  

Have announced that Michael Skubala is staying in charge for the 'upcoming fixtures'. A certain amount of risk to that considering the next two games against Everton and Southampton could be the two most important games of the rest of their season, would have thought now would have been the ideal time to bring in someone new even if just for the so called new manager bounce.

Makes you wonder why so many folks have turned them down, what’s being said to them during the initial approaches that’s turning them off because on the surface, it’s a great gig for someone looking to make a name for themselves in the Premier League.

Yes they’re in the relegation mix but that’s not necessarily to be unexpected, they’ve actually been playing relatively well (were the better team against us in defeat) so a few tweaks here and there and you’d fancy your chances of keeping them up.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

No chance, Gerrard would be the lead anchor sinking them to the bottom.  

Stevie Me knows his limit without Beale, and when he relegated with them there will be nothing left but just the Hyundai ad that suggest he is a football coach. He knows that. I think he will only take non risky appointment. Hard to come by but he is Stevie Me his media mates will try to help

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think he'll be going to a bigger club than us tbh. 

Spurs surely in for him end of the season.

Lloris not far off 40 now and Fraser Forster isn't very good so there's a real void for them regarding keeper considering Gollini didn't do much there either.

I actually think Mesiler is one of the weaker keepers in the league, lets in so many shots he really should save. On Sunday surely he can tip that Garnacho shot onto the post?

2 hours ago, useless said:

Have announced that Michael Skubala is staying in charge for the 'upcoming fixtures'. A certain amount of risk to that considering the next two games against Everton and Southampton could be the two most important games of the rest of their season, would have thought now would have been the ideal time to bring in someone new even if just for the so called new manager bounce.

They'll panic if they lose to Everton, fully expecting Gerrard in first thing on Monday morning if that happens.

That said they were competitive in both games v Man. United so probably got enough to get something at Everton and beat Southampton at home and then Skubala probably gets the job until end of the season.

Think it will be like with Wolves and Lopetegui, they'll wait for Iraola to come in the summer.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs surely in for him end of the season.

Lloris not far off 40 now and Fraser Forster isn't very good so there's a real void for them regarding keeper considering Gollini didn't do much there either.

I actually think Mesiler is one of the weaker keepers in the league, lets in so many shots he really should save. On Sunday surely he can tip that Garnacho shot onto the post?

Meslier is an interesting one, agree that he's one of the worst in the league currently, but I suspect he'll have a queue of suitors when the time comes just because of the sheer number of games he's played/amount of experience he has for his age. 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Meslier is an interesting one, agree that he's one of the worst in the league currently, but I suspect he'll have a queue of suitors when the time comes just because of the sheer number of games he's played/amount of experience he has for his age. 

I think Meslier will look a better keeprr when he doesnt have clowns like Ayling and Firpo etc in front of him

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Meslier will look a better keeprr when he doesnt have clowns like Ayling and Firpo etc in front of him

Exactly. Ayling is one of the first Pl full backs I’ve seen in a long time. Not to mention that god awful man bun. 

Â