Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Good riddance if they go down. Scumbag team, scumbag fans. For years I thought “yeah it’d be cool if they came back up” but **** ‘em, bunch of cretins. Burnley only marginally preferable mind, I’d love to see Mee go down too but they can wait until next year. I want Leeds to go this year. Horrible club. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

They could effectively be relegated this weekend if they lose to Brigton, Everton get a point at home to Brentford and Burnley beat Spurs. Burnley beating Spurs seems unlikely, but if Spurs lose tomorrow then they won't really have nothing to play for and come Sunday will be playing after having had just a few days rest.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

FWIW, I thought what they did under Bielsa was very impressive and it was pretty refreshing to see his style of play work for a promoted side.  They've still got a pretty poor squad but would attack literally every team and have success in doing so.  Bielsa himself seemed a pretty humble guy.  Nothing wrong there really.

However, it made their already pretty annoying fans basically insufferable dickheads - and this is the main reason that I really want them relegated season after season.

I think they might have survived under Bielsa by winning game and firing him in the summer

So just so its clear since Kalvin Phillips the saviour of the Leeds defence has returned they have conceded 9 goals in 3 games

absolute donkey and Bielsa style covered his weaknesses, some club is getting ripped off this summer and I hope its not us

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

So just so its clear since Kalvin Phillips the saviour of the Leeds defence has returned they have conceded 9 goals in 3 games

absolute donkey and Bielsa style covered his weaknesses, some club is getting ripped off this summer and I hope its not us

I definitely hope it isnt us. He is meant to be protection of the back four and all you have to do is look at leeds GD and also his own personal injury record.

No thanks from ms. Bissouma any day

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I don't think he's worth 60 million, in todays market I'd say 25 mil tops and to be fair he has looked a £2.50 player since his return, buuuut..

I still think there's a player in there, he looks though like he's possibly had enough though, surrounded by very poor players, that kid Lewis Bate was so far out of his depth last night I felt sorry for him, and the likes of Klich / Forshaw etc are just not good enough. 

A confident, happy, fit and firing Phillips would still improve our midfield IMO despite a few bad games - they had 4 centre halves playing last night against a much superior team with a man less, no wonder he looked poor. 10 men also against Arsenal. But he doesn't become a bad player over night. 

That said, I wouldn't want us to pay over 25 mil.. and there are others out there who might be a better alternative.

As for Leeds, I think they should have stuck with the bucket man. They've lost all their attacking threat now. With him I think they would have got enough points. But we will never know. He still has to take a lot of the blame because their goal difference is a giant noose around their necks. They also needed to bring in another striker in January but for whatever reason failed to act and it's costing them big time.

Dan James BTW, what an absolute moron. That tackle was disgusting, real leg breaker and he knew what he was doing. I really hope they go down and struggle to ever come back up!

I just think if buy Phillips you should really be buying him as an 8 not a 6. We don't really need an 8 so I don't see the benefit he will provide us.

I wasn't paying attention to the game last night, but looking on WhoScored I see they answered my 'who will they play at right back' conundrum by picking 4 CBs and not playing anyone familiar with the position at LB either :crylaugh:Not that I really blame them given how bad Firpo is mind you, but it's still kind of funny.

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Massively unsurprised that James finally got a red. Leaves one on so many players with his recklessness. 

He has been running round like he is the big man enforcer for a few weeks and yesterday proved he is as shit at that as he is at actual football. This red card was going to happen  soon enough 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Isn't that about half as many as they conceded before that though? 😃

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Tempting to look back at all those idiot pundits and see who tipped Leeds for Europe

It always happens these pundits are so lazy they don’t look into the details of how teams develop or don’t in some cases. The idea that Leeds has a good first season and would keep pushing forward despite not really signing anyone (I don’t count Dan James because he is a clown) was stupid not giving any thought to the idea that they over achieved or that established premier league teams can’t adapt to deal with a side that runs around a lot and throws everyone forward. The reality is the league got wise and learnt how to pick them off hence why they are on the verge of having the worst defensive record in history. 

it reminds me a little bit of Sheffield Utd last season. Ten games in and they hardly had a point on the board but still pundits were saying they will be ok look at what they did last season. It doesn’t work like that against top teams

31 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

It always happens these pundits are so lazy they don’t look into the details of how teams develop or don’t in some cases. The idea that Leeds has a good first season and would keep pushing forward despite not really signing anyone (I don’t count Dan James because he is a clown) was stupid not giving any thought to the idea that they over achieved or that established premier league teams can’t adapt to deal with a side that runs around a lot and throws everyone forward. The reality is the league got wise and learnt how to pick them off hence why they are on the verge of having the worst defensive record in history. 

it reminds me a little bit of Sheffield Utd last season. Ten games in and they hardly had a point on the board but still pundits were saying they will be ok look at what they did last season. It doesn’t work like that against top teams

There were plenty of suggestions on here that Leeds would "do a Sheffield Utd" before the start of this season but I don't know if a single pundit agreed

On 23/05/2021 at 22:48, villalad21 said:

People in here laughed when people predicted them to get European football.

Well they didn't do it but they came pretty damn close.

The value of Bielsa and the difference he makes should never be underestimated.

I certainly will never underestimate it.

• Haha 4

Â