Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

I have been in bars with Leeds fans who were happy to cheer against Villa this season and we are not even in the same league. Most recent time was the United game a few weeks back they were cheering United

Then you tell them your a Villa fan and bang a 20 minute rant about diving overrated Grealish 

53 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Their unsporting conduct aside, and the media love in, I honestly have no problem with Leeds, and it’s good to see that famous old club back in the big league. 

I think part of the problem is social media, fans and teams trying to create artificial rivalries for the sake of ‘banter’. Same with Lee Johnson‘s irrational hatred of Villa, it bled into their content, and created that bunker mentality. Still haven’t forgotten how tinpot it was when they were celebrating selling Joe Bryan to Fulham on Twitter. 

I am sure most fans are above it and Twitter is largely just white noise but it’s just lame. We have our rivalries and so do Leeds. Banter is fine when apropos but a lot of it is just fishing for clout and it’s just cringe. 

I lived in Leeds for three years so spent a lot of time with their fans.

Hope they break Derby’s points record and go back down where they’ve spent most of their history.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Jeez. I'm so over that little incident.

Who gives a s***? Both of us would have finished in the top 6 regardless who would have won that game. The game had little significance.

Leeds fans seem to give a shit.

There were a few on this board last season lecturing us about how to play football and how to run their club.

Funnily enough they all went quiet after the playoffs. Funny that.

I never had an issue with Leeds but their fans were unbearable down there. That game just cemented them as words removed. 

They still go on about how they let us have a goal back but funnily enough never ever talk about Bamford. 

• Like 1

I've seen plenty of disgusting abuse from their fans towards Villa and particularly Grealish over the last year or so.

Reflects bad on the club, apart from that ever really had any opinion abou them I just don't care. And they aren't rivals WTF is that about?!

Living in Yorkshire and having a lot of Leeds fans on my social media, yesterday was beautiful and I was extremely childish in tagging each and every one of them on my Villa related posts 😀

Not sure if they just don't like me or whether they hate our club or probably a mixture of both😉 ha, but the ones I know were gutted we stayed up and now using the "well it's an easy 6 points line" 😴😴😴

Ridiculously, most of it is coming from that "walk-in goal" - GET OVER IT!

On 27/07/2020 at 14:18, TrentVilla said:

I lived in Leeds for three years so spent a lot of time with their fans.

Hope they break Derby’s points record and go back down where they’ve spent most of their history.

Bulldoze the club into the **** sea IMO

Was going to put this in Delph thread but it's probably better here.

They're in for a shock when it comes to Premier League refs and VAR with their high pressing/fouling game. They'll get plenty of early bookings and be unable to make challenges for the rest of the game. You have to be sneaky words removed in this league, we only learned late on. Douglas the wizard of the high up the pitch tactical foul.

I will also sadly add I think Bielsa is fantastic and there's no chance they're going down while he's there.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Was going to put this in Delph thread but it's probably better here.

They're in for a shock when it comes to Premier League refs and VAR with their high pressing/fouling game. They'll get plenty of early bookings and be unable to make challenges for the rest of the game. You have to be sneaky words removed in this league, we only learned late on. Douglas the wizard of the high up the pitch tactical foul.

I will also sadly add I think Bielsa is fantastic and there's no chance they're going down while he's there.

Phillips got 9 yellows in the championship and a red at QPR so he'll be a concern. Mind you McGinn gor 14 yellows but calmed things down once in the prem.

I know nothing about their squad, other than Phillips and the diving idiot. Are they any good or is it good players on loan?

Are they rich?

Edited by colhint
forgot last point

12 minutes ago, colhint said:

I know nothing about their squad, other than Phillips and the diving idiot. Are they any good or is it good players on loan?

Are they rich?

Think their FBs will do alright, Luke Ayling certainly and on other side Allioski has lots of energy and can chip in with goals. Klich in central midfield alongside Phillips is decent aswell.

It's a bit like us last season. They have a core but they need a good keeper, CB and striker. Probably another wide player aswell as Helder Costa wasn't really that key for Wolves once they were promoted.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Do they have to pay £18 million for that kid they loaned and never played? That would be superb.

They are going to court to fight it. Red Bull have better lawyers i think 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Do they have to pay £18 million for that kid they loaned and never played? That would be superb.

Hope so. Good player with questionable levels of professionalism. Bielsa being the madman he is signed him then just decided he didn't like him. Spent their crucial run in tweeting from a yacht somewhere.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Â