Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

brilliant performance of skill, character and mental strength. senior team could learn a lot from these guys.

Robinson looked a right player, an out ball on the left and at times reminded me of Henry. 

only complaint is the pitch was horrendous

• Like 1

Another fact is the team is all English, Irish or Scottish (Callum Robinson?).

The Chelsea team they'll play on Monday, and the Arsenal one they beat, had a lot of foreign youngsters.

Perhaps that's another reason why Carruthers chose the Villa academy over the Arsenal one.

The Chelsea team they'll play on Monday, and the Arsenal one they beat, had a lot of foreign youngsters.

Perhaps that's another reason why Carruthers chose the Villa academy over the Arsenal one.

isnt Abdo swedish?

isnt Abdo swedish?

Okay one. He didn't start. 

Villa's youth pool is the English speaking NW Europe, while the Arsenal and Chelsea youth pool is the whole world.

If you are a young English-speaking player and want to be sure you'll get a chance to make it at the highest level, your best bet is with Villa because the other teams could get some whizzkid in from anywhere to take your spot.

Callum Robinson is English, or at least he has represented England at u17 level, plenty of players have gone on from that to represent other nations though, but it is nice to see a British youth side made up mainly of players from the British Isles.and doing well

I bet Chelsea's youth team cost more than our senior team.

When you think about it, Lukaku alone cost more than all of Lambo's signings, and I know Marin cost them a fair few pennies (although both of them have 'stepped up' from youth level now makes you wonder about the rest of them).

I think our youth set-up has always been good, glad to see them getting this far and I'm sure a few of them will break into the first team next season.

Isnt Nathaniel Chalobah the main Chelsea prospect and he is loaned to Watford at the moment not sure if he was eligible but read he is just 18, am sure McEachran is also still young enough

I bet Chelsea's youth team cost more than our senior team.

to be fair to chelsea that experiment of frank arnesen buying young players for fun failed and they've moved on havent they? sure most of them are at hamburg

they did have £10m piazon in the group stage, nathan ake from feyenoord has played for the 1st team i think, but i thought most of them are like arsenal, foreign sounding but actually born and bred in london

Â