Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

At 3-1 tempers for Sporting are VERY frayed - I hope they don't do anything silly here ie. start kicking people (more). You'd like to think we can go 15 without conceding 2..

Also wanted to mention how impressed I am by Robinson. Knew next to nothing about the kid before today, but this Weimann type performance has been great.

Can we play Grealish v Liverpool!??

I think him, Robinson, Carruthers and Graham should have maybe got a few appearances by now... In Carruthers' case... he should be getting some game time... more likely in the cups.... Once we get safe for sure we should try them out!

Donacien future star. Brilliant defender. Great composure.

Grealish looks quite good too.

Havent seen much of these youth players. I noticed Crowley on the bench.. is that the one been linked with Arsenal of late?

we certainly lacked a bit of shape and width going forward but got better as the game went on.

Grealish looks like the type of creative technically gifted player we are crying out for, only doubt is does he have the build and physical presence? Does he have enough without it?

Bannan has looked better of late but he is a case in point of ability that doesn't translate that well on the pitch.

Every single player worked really hard against a physically taller, stronger and more aggressive side.

They had two very good attacking players Maideros - sweet left foot - and Esgow (incorrect spellings!) who caused our wings a lot of problems. Only scored one goal though, from a set piece, so the fullbacks did well.

Watkins (GK) gave me confidence as a safe pair of hands with his catches and some good saves, although he did go superman for the goal we conceded from a freekick. 

Both CDs deserve credit, worked well together. 

Burke (FW) very composed for the penalty.

Robinson (FW) worked very hard, especially on his own up front once the formation changed after Burke was subbed. Agbonlahor-like play down the wings holding the ball and winning freekicks, plus a great assist for Grealish.

Grealish (WG) controlled the ball coming at a difficult height and angle, then a composed finish sending the keeper the wrong way. Not really in the game until the second half but when he had the ball posed a problem for the opposition.

Carruthers (CM), worked very hard in the centre. Was a leader. Composed finish for the final goal.

Â