Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

we have the 30th highest youth productivity for players in the top 5 rated leagues in the world (England,Spain,France, germany and italy) the 3rd best in England after Manchester UNited and Arsenal. ahead of teams with famous youth systems like Auxerre. River Plate and Ajax and major clubs like Inter, PSG as well.

the youth system is best thing the club has

And is it really helping?

When we were challenging 4th we were producing players not good enough for that standard and now as we fight relegation we seem to be producing players barely good enough to help us with that.

We've managed to produce one very good player and a few ok ones.

Don't really see how this fantastic youth set up is helping us.

We produce some quality moaners.

Haha how clever.

Shame you're not smart enough to actually put forward an argument.

I'm sure you're proud though.

we have the 30th highest youth productivity for players in the top 5 rated leagues in the world (England,Spain,France, germany and italy) the 3rd best in England after Manchester UNited and Arsenal. ahead of teams with famous youth systems like Auxerre. River Plate and Ajax and major clubs like Inter, PSG as well.

the youth system is best thing the club has

And is it really helping?

When we were challenging 4th we were producing players not good enough for that standard and now as we fight relegation we seem to be producing players barely good enough to help us with that.

We've managed to produce one very good player and a few ok ones.

Don't really see how this fantastic youth set up is helping us.

We produce some quality moaners.

Haha. How true. Possibly the finest moaners in all of football.

Mind you, one of 'em's sure to come along and moan that that's not an argument and hit you with an insult or two.

So, about a third of our squad and around £3m a year is how it's helping us.

We're seriously close to going down because most of them are currently not good enough to perform at this level.

And £3 million a year while not to be sniffed at is hardly the kind of money that can then be spent on quality players.

We keep developing very average players with only a small amount being good enough to be considered good premiership players.

It's hardly the stuff of dreams and like I said there's not much to show its helping the first team.

Maybe the next batch will be different.

Just read that UEFA are considering launching their own alternative version of this tournament next season - and guess what, they'll only be inviting the 32 teams that qualified for the group stages of the Champions League. I had a feeling this couldn't last - I mean, who wants sport breaking out in the middle of their TV show - it's bad for business.

• Like 1

Just read that UEFA are considering launching their own alternative version of this tournament next season - and guess what, they'll only be inviting the 32 teams that qualified for the group stages of the Champions League. I had a feeling this couldn't last - I mean, who wants sport breaking out in the middle of their TV show - it's bad for business.

Typical of platini et al to ruin something else..hope it doesn't happen and that we still get in next yr

So, about a third of our squad and around £3m a year is how it's helping us.

We're seriously close to going down because most of them are currently not good enough to perform at this level.

And £3 million a year while not to be sniffed at is hardly the kind of money that can then be spent on quality players.

We keep developing very average players with only a small amount being good enough to be considered good premiership players.

It's hardly the stuff of dreams and like I said there's not much to show its helping the first team.

Maybe the next batch will be different.

Of course most of them are average, by definition, the majority of players will be average.

So not content with ruining top level football, they now want to **** up youth football? This could be the final straw for my interest in professional football. 

Yes, if that goes ahead Aston Villa and other clubs outside the big 4 stand no chance picking up the top youth talent. They'll want to go to the club that plays the most competitive youth football. Currently that's Aston Villa. If they ban Villa from the successor tournament then that basically kills our academy.

What is the official Aston Villa position on this? It's just a scheme to allow the biggest clubs to hoover up the youth talent so that they keep their position at the top.

It's absurd that if Aston Villa wins NextGen the best youth team on the continent will not be allowed to participate in the UEFA competition.

We should play in the youth Champions League and those bad youth teams of Champions League teams should not be in the competition.

This rule as to who's in and who's out of the UEFA league allows Arsene Wenger to tell our best prospects, like 15 year old Daniel Crowley, you can only get Champions League youth football at Arsenal.

Come to Arsenal and play Champions League youth football, Villa's academy will retard your development. 

Edited by Con

So not content with ruining top level football, they now want to **** up youth football? This could be the final straw for my interest in professional football. 

If this locks out Aston Villa youth from top flight youth football, kills our academy and with it any hope of challenging the 'big clubs' with the advantage our youth system gives us, then Barcelona has a new supporter.

I'll still be a Villa supporter but Barcelona has almost the same colours as Villa and have Messi.

Anyways - onto the match. Chelsea have got a very good side, this will be tricky and we'll need good performances from our better players - Grealish will need to be at the top of his game and Carruthers will need to watch his discipline. We'll need Donacien strong and Robinson and Burke to work their socks off - but we can do this.

Â